Tips for staying within Calorie allotment!?

Options
Hi everyone! I probably haven't written on the message boards with a question in forever!! I was wondering what tips you all use to stay within the calorie range MFP gives? It might seem like a strange question, but do you pre-plan your food OR put it in as you're eating it or after you eat it or what?

I usually burn a significant amount of calories each day so I feel like my calorie # always fluctuates, making it hard for me to make a set food plan. And... IF I agree to eat only 1400 and then get super hungry... then I'll probably still eat more.

Just looking for some tips from the people who are already doing good at this! Thanks MFP

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Weighing everything, pre-planning my day, and using the recipe builder to bulk prep meals so I can easily log them every day.

27lbs down and it's staying off.
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I meal prep usually a week in advance except a couple a meals a day. Other wise my meals are already prepped and ready to go.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I usually go smoothie for breakfast, which is obviously low cal. But yeah, it's easier to plan it a day in advance I find.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I pre log my days in the mornings usually.