Losing weight for medical reasons

Options
2»

Replies

• diabeticprepper
    Options
    i am a type 1 diabetic and now weigh 290lbs and have already had 4 laser eye surgerys to correct damage done by diabetes. i need to loose 80lbs to be where my dr said i need to be so here we go!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    My initial goal was to get off High Blood Pressure medication and with my doctors guidance we came up with the goal of 175 from 244. I have since gone down 147 with a personal goal of 144 - I had the revenge dress goal and the measurement goal and I doubt I will every reach 144 since I am now working on building strength, since I am working on being able to do 50 push-up @ 33 now. Given that I reached my med free goal, the goals now are every changing.

I think having a medical reason to lose weight is one of the best things you can do for yourself. All the other reasons can latch on but that one is always a winner!
  • gnik1
    gnik1 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have the following ailments high blood pressure, sleep apnea, cholesterol,overweight. My brother died of a brain aneurysm been 10 yrs now. I am pretty sure he suffered from sleep apnea and had high blood pressure and that still didn't motivate me. I did get tested for sleep apnea shortly after his death and even then I was told I should lose weight. Thankfully I have not gotten diabetes as my eyesight is bad enough as it is.

I tell my family that I not scared of death, I'm scared of being left a shell of my former self as I've seen my aunt slowing dying because of a stroke and that I believe is a wake up call for anyone.

I need to lose 40 kg well 38 kg since I rejoined MFP
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's great hat you are all here, healing your bodies! stay on track and I am sure we can all get in shape!