Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how can i lose weight? in a quick phase?

Please help meeee

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Slow steady weight loss is the only way to do it. Short cut to weight loss does not work in the long run.
  • Losing weight is just a simple numbers game,

To lose 1lb of 'weight' you have to have a calorie deficit of 3500cals.

If therefor your body burns 2000cals a day in normal living your weekly intake should be 3500cals less than 14000cals which is 10500cals split across the week

That works out at 1500cals a day.

if you want to lose 2lbs you have to have a 7000cals deficit across the week which is best achived by eating 1500cals a day and 'burning off' an extra 500cal daily through excercise (eg walking, running, sport etc).

that easy enough to understand? if not just ask and i'll try explain more

BTW im not a qualified physician.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    The only way to lose weight is to eat less than your body burns.
    Here's a newbie help post I compiled with links to useful stuff, including sexypants, accurate logging, motivation, macros, goal setting...

You didn't gain the weight quickly, you're not going to lose it quickly.
    With 44 lb to lose, aim for 0.5 to 1 lb per week. That will slow as you get closer to goal.

51637601.png
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    Log everything! This means every nibble and every taste.
  • I currently consume a product which will control my appetite. Is that good or just a metaphor? I started consume that yesterday and i gained a significant result. I also consume 3litre per day
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Here's a newbie help post I compiled with links to useful stuff, including sexypants, accurate logging, motivation, macros, goal setting...

With 44 lb to lose, aim for 0.5 to 1 lb per week. That will slow as you get closer to goal.

51637601.png

• cikamiea
    cikamiea Posts: 5
    edited January 2015
    Losing weight is just a simple numbers game,

If therefor your body burns 2000cals a day in normal living your weekly intake should be 3500cals less than 14000cals which is 10500cals split across the week

if you want to lose 2lbs you have to have a 7000cals deficit across the week which is best achived by eating 1500cals a day and 'burning off' an extra 500cal daily through excercise (eg walking, running, sport etc).

Okay. What about 3 litres of water per day?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Eat right and exercise. Sadly, there is no really fast way to lose.
  • Kalikel wrote: »
    Eat right and exercise. Sadly, there is no really fast way to lose.
    Sigh.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    cikamiea wrote: »
    Losing weight is just a simple numbers game,

Okay. What about 3 litres of water per day?

lolwut?

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    cikamiea wrote: »
    I currently consume a product which will control my appetite. Is that good or just a metaphor? I started consume that yesterday and i gained a significant result. I also consume 3litre per day
    MKEgal wrote: »

51637601.png

It's probably just a waste of money. Most people eat even if they aren't hungry, which is why so many of us are fat. How much water you drink doesn't make much difference, since there aren't any calories in water.
  • Drinking water helps, it takes the load away from your body as the kidneys are flushed well. steady state jogging isnt the way to lose eith HIIT is the highest calorie burner