Need someone to keep me from cheating lol

Options
Hey I'm from the UK and need support to stop me from cheating lol

Replies

• oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just think of this - you are not cheating anyone but yourself. You have to commit and set a goal. I have seen a lot here where they set it to 1 day. Take it 1 day at a time or even part of the day... Example it's breakfast - instead of looking to find a donut try a small bagel with reduced fat cream cheese it's still sweet and yummy but much better for you. The try the same for lunch and dinner. Good luck to you and more power!
  • cassiehayley
    cassiehayley Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'm determined to do what I need to do. I'm on day 4 and going strong
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Woot! Day 4 is great! I'm on my 10! Lets do this together! :wink:
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I try (don't always succeed) to think about 15 minutes after I'm done eating whatever it is (usually chocolate-related). Will I even still be able to taste it? Does it make any difference to my day if I eat it or not? Probably not ... what I *really* need is a change of scenery at work usually. Get up and get a cup of water. Go pee. Do something different to get your mind re-directed. Good luck - I think we all probably deal with that at some point (or every damn day). :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,677 Member
    Options
    No real such thing as "cheating". One can eat what they like, but it's PORTIONS that matter. Downfall of practically all dieters is cutting out the "cheating" food they actually enjoy eating, then binging on it again when their close to or at goal weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • laurenmrandall
    Options
    @lgutches that is a great idea! "will it make any difference to my day if i eat it or not?" that's wonderful. the only thing it would be affecting would be your calories and all that. the rest of your day, nope, it won't make a difference.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    lauren ... rock it, girl. love the pic! ;)
  • cassiehayley
    cassiehayley Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys! And it's true I got to my goal weight early last year then went crazy eating. And Maria we can do this!!!