Serious this time...help needed.

Options
Hi,

Just re joined, was using just to track calories, but didn't appear to be getting anywhere recently found out I have PCOS and a gluten and wheat intolerance.

Could really use some help/guidance/motivation as to where to start, what meals to be eating what kinda exercise I should be doing.

I would like to loose 60lbs.

Would be really grateful for any help/motivation or advise :) xx

Replies

• wanabefit2016
    wanabefit2016 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Maybe Google what kind of meals you can eat or get some cook books. Once you get some favourite meals it will be easier for you. Good luck!
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely. :) That's a tough battle but definitely possible! Have you spoken to your doctor about where to start as far as the gluten and wheat intolerance is concerned? :) As far as meals and exercise, that's up to you, and I'm sure many MFP people who share that in common will be helpful! Pinterest has a plethora of gluten free and non-wheat recipes that are absolutely incredible; I would begin gathering recipes there for sure. Exercise depends on how out of shape you are. I began with walking to let my body adjust to it and moved up to using the elliptical, stairclimber and treadmill at the gym. I am also beginning the Couch to 5k (c25k.com/) program today and fitness DVDs can be great for getting yourself into the rhythm if you're shy about working out in front of others at first. :)
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. You may want to check out clean eating magazine because they have some gluten free recipes that you may like.

If you have about 60 pounds to lose the general guideline is to set your weight loss for about a 1.5 a week and readjust your goals with every 10 pounds or so that you lose. I would see what calorie goal that MFP gives you and work on staying at that calorie goal for about 4-6 weeks to see you progress on that calorie goal.

As for exercise, choose something that you enjoy that way you are excited and looking forward to working out. You may want to add some strength training to your workout routine from the get go, many long time MFP users say that they wished they would have did strength training from the beginning.
  • phonecal73
    Options
    Just starting myself. I agree with Krissy, walking to begin with. I use to be in better shape than I now. My wife has a gluten allergy and we had to experiment with foods. Cooking is a passion of mine and I have made gf breads, tortillas and other "staples" to have around the house.

Start slow on the exercise, so you don't get sore and flake out the next time.

The only motivation you need is to do this for YOU, if you are doing it for someone else, it hardly ever works. Love yourself and you can do anything you want.

I am new here, but you can add me also.