Recipe calculator is broken

Options
oriole35
oriole35 Posts: 40 Member
Please fix this. It won't allow any changes when it can't find an ingredient. Using the remove, or edit button produce a jump of the screen but no changes. The search box on unfound items doesn't produce a list of options nor will it allow you to add an item. To change anything you have to start over.
This program also can't find a recipe online with the url.
I am using this on my desktop computer running windows 7.
Your old option for adding a doesn't allow for cooking directions.
If I am doing something wrong please advise.

Replies

• BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I use the old one instead of the new one. I found the new one to really inaccurate in its guesses when it tried to match my food.
  • oriole35
    oriole35 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you bodybybutter, even the old one on my computer will not let me edit the recipe. so I have to delete the whole recipe to change say the amount from 1 tablespoon to 1 teaspoon. It doesn't seem anyone here cares.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes it is. I can change everything but not the serving dize. Got to use the app for that. So annoying.
  • Gearmen
    Gearmen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Recipe tool is broken, Again.......................!!! It will not allow changes to be made. The save function simple does not work. This is a reoccurring problem that tech support does not seem capable of fixing. Really frustrating. There has got to be a better software tool to use that does not have this issue. We should look! The help function is also giving an error out and offering to take you to "Sales Desk software" home site. So I cannot even report the issue.
  • Sultanka
    Sultanka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It also doesn't break the calories up to serving sizes, so it's impossible to know how many calories are in a serving size of your recipe.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,188 Member
    Options
    It seems to work fine for me. Just imported a recipe from allrecipes.com, and it not only detected everything, it got it correct. I made some changes reflecting the actual ingredients available where I live and saved it. It divided calories up into the serving number correctly as well. I can't say what the issue you are having is, but I can say it is working for me. Are you a Prime member, I am not.