Nutritional info from restaurants

Options
I'm new to MFP, and so far, enjoying using it. My one frustration so far is restaurant food. I have difficulty in figuring out what to input. Even at a restaurant where the total calories is shown on the menu, I can't find things in the database of foods that comes close to the calorie count.

For example, I ordered some Brussel Sprouts from Pasta Pomordoro and searching for something close to enter into the diary, the best I could find was "Roasted Brussels Sprouts", but to make the calories come close to that shown on the menu, I had to say I had eight servings. I know I could enter the item manually and get the calorie count right on the number, but then I don't have any of the other nutritional information other than calories.

Just curious how others handle this kind of situation. It sure would be awesome if I could download and install exact nutritional information from restaurant chains.

Thanks.

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It probably is 8 servings if it comes from restaurant...
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Maybe do the "quick add" calorie. You don't say what it is, just fill in the calorie count.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just enter in that you had 0.125 of 8 servings?

Sometimes the best you can do while eating out is to guesstimate. That's why it's so important to eat homemade meals as often as you can so it's easier to log recipes and the like. :)

I also second the "quick add calories" button. It won't track your macros, but it's less of a headache.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just enter in that you had 0.125 of 8 servings?

Sometimes the best you can do while eating out is to guesstimate. That's why it's so important to eat homemade meals as often as you can so it's easier to log recipes and the like. :)

I also second the "quick add calories" button. It won't track your macros, but it's less of a headache.

+1 really. If you want control of the calories the minimuse the times you eat out at restaurants or guesstimate from something similar. The advantage of cooking your own food is that you know what goes in.