Pregnancy log

Options
Is there a pregnancy mode for my for My fitnesspal? I enjoy the ease of logging in this ap but want the recommended intake during pregnancy.

Replies

• clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is however it would be a nice feature to have
  • MayTehSporksBeWithYou
    Options
    While MFP doesn't have this feature, you could possibly ask your doctor how much weight she/he advises you gain per month and adjust your goal to that amount. It would likely change by month or the very least by trimester which is why I'm guessing MFP doesn't have the feature.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I used an outside calculator to get my calorie/macro needs and just plugged it in here.
  • nelin
    nelin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can manually adjust your calorie goal. I would set your goal to maintain weight and manually add the additional calories. Check with your doctor how many extra calories you need, as it will depend on your current weight and activity.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I've read you only take in an additional 300-500 calories per day, but I could be wrong, so don't hold me to it. But I know my wife just eats until she's content, since growing a human, especially if you've been trying for a while, is more important than a temporary weight gain.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm just about 20 weeks pregnant and I haven't found any pregnancy setting on here lol. I had my calorie goal set to 1500 calories a day prepregnancy. But now that I'm pregnant I raised it to 1800 calories. But on days that I'm extra hungry, I eat until I am content. I still log, but totally do not mind going over.