Garmin

Options
I can't connect my Garmin, every time I click connect it takes me to a blank page on Garmin connect

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have the fr620. What are you connecting it to? Do you mean uploading your data to the web? On your computer you'll need the Garmin express interface. Syncing yout device to your phone through Bluetooth is the same process as syncing phones, both will need to be discoverable and confirm the passkey.

Garmin has some tips online too.
  • cayte2014
    Options
    I'm having the same issue as 'boelyn'. When I go to Apps on the MFP page and then try to connect my Vivofit device, it goes to 'Connect powered by Garmin'. Need help please.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep the same issue as cayte2014 I get a blank page when trying to connect them. I have a forerunner 15 and even my vivofit never connected at all. I have no idea how to do it from garmins side and MFPs side takes me to the blank page..... driving me crazy
  • amyashworth98
    amyashworth98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Okay folks, here we go. Step by step instructions for mobile device:

Mobile Setup:
    1. Go to www.garminconnect.com/vivofit on your mobile browser
    2. Install and open the Garmin Connect Mobile app
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair the vivofit band with your mobile device and complete the setup.

To connect to MFP:
    The Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) application for Android and iOS can be linked to a MyFitnessPal account in order to sync calorie data. To enable syncing with a MyFitnessPal account, the GCM application must first be linked to the mobile version of MyFitnessPal installed on a compatible iOS or Android smartphone.

To sync data with MyFitnessPal, first ensure that the MyFitnessPal application is installed on your smartphone, then follow the steps below:
    1. Open Garmin Connect Mobile.
    2. Touch 'Home'.
    3. Touch 'Get Started' in the 'Calories' card.
    • If the Calories card is not visible, it will need to be added manually:
    Android devices:
    • Touch the widget icon top right.
    • Touch 'Add Widget'.
    • Touch '+' next to the Calories card.
    • Touch 'Home' top left.
    iOS devices:
    • Touch 'Edit'.
    • Touch '+'.
    • Touch '+' next to Calories.
    • Touch 'Done'.
    • Swipe right to left through the introductory screens.
    1. Touch 'Get Started' again.
    2. Touch 'Link Accounts'.
    3. Log in to the MyFitnessPal account you would like to link to.
    4. The two accounts should now be linked.

I hope this gets you connected. Worked for me. Good luck.