Is my treadmill in mph or kph?

Options
Hey guys, really stupid question I know. So when I walk on my treadmill I warm up on my treadmill I put it on 5.0, when I walk I put it on 6.0 and I usually run at 8.0.. My treadmill is most likely kph right? Haha thanks

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I would say kph.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how it was set up and where you are.Treadmills typically default to the standard measurement for the country in which it is sold.
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm from canada, and we generally go my km, but when you put in your weight Its in kg which we dont really go by
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If you're putting in kg, the distance is most likely in km.

Check the settings on the machine.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I would say it's in km. For me a walk is 4.0 and a light run is between 5-6 and I believe mine is in miles. (also from Canada... not sure why mine is set to miles) my parent's treadmill reads the same, so it's not just a faulty treadmill that I have. haha
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm from canada, and we generally go my km, but when you put in your weight Its in kg which we dont really go by
    Umm, yes we do.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you can walk at 5 to 6, then it is definitely kph. 3mph roughly equals 5 kph (a factor of 1.61). You could not walk at 6 mph.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    If you can walk at 5 to 6, then it is definitely kph. 3mph roughly equals 5 kph (a factor of 1.61). You could not walk at 6 mph.

Maybe on one of those airport horizontal escalators or if you had really long legs. :#
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

I'm Canadian too. Technically we go by kg for weight; in daily conversation most people still weirdly use pounds and inches for height and weight. That's in English. In French everyone uses cm and kg. (I live in Quebec). And we all use km for distance, though, and metric for everything else. Except cooking, which sometimes we'll still use cups and tablespoons and such, especially those of us who learned to cook from our parents or grandparents.

But yeah, your treadmill is probably in km/hr.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    sounds like kph.
    surely you get a summary at end of workout that tells you average speed/ distance covered and the units of measure?