healthiest pizza?

Options
looking at ordering pizza tonight - anyone have any opinions on what to order to make it "healthier" - beside the obvious, don't have, but this is a lifestyle change and there will be pizza in my life, just not the 4 cheese/loads of meat ones. Papa Johns/Pizza Hut are the two local joints..

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Pizza is pizza.

5170431484_390fd09912_z.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pizza! Favorite (current) is white sauce, chicken, feta and banana peppers! Get whatever you like and make room for it. EVERYTHING in moderation.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits in your goals, really. I usually get thin crust to cut some calories and add whatever veggies I want. The usual meat choices are calorific (which if not a bad thing if they fit) but if you're looking to add more protein then consider some of the tasty chicken pizzas out there.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    umm whatever will fit into your calories/macro/micro goal is the best option.

• Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Just eat less of it; it might not be easy, but at least you get to eat some!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I usually go with thin crust (except on rare occasion when I'm splurging), some protein if there's something available not calorific, as noted above, and some veggies, as that helps it fit my macros and overall goals more easily. But really, what you like should be an important concern, or why bother having pizza?
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Pizza is my fave and I like all the kinds so making it less calorific is no disappointment to me. If I was looking to shave off a few calories I'd get a veggie or something with ham and veg (rather than pepperoni/sausage).
  • sarahjmcgill
    Options
    If you have a pizza express nearby they do a 600 cal pizza. For home options try wholmeal pitta/muffins or spelt bread topped with roasted veg and feta and cook as normal for a healthy(er) option

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If you have a pizza express nearby they do a 600 cal pizza. For home options try wholmeal pitta/muffins or spelt bread topped with roasted veg and feta and cook as normal for a healthy(er) option

Pita/muffins are not pizza ...

Just bc you put sauce and cheese on something does not make it pizza..
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I LOVE pizza! Favorite (current) is white sauce, chicken, feta and banana peppers! Get whatever you like and make room for it. EVERYTHING in moderation.

Yummm! I like white sauce or pesto vs. marinara myself. Papa Murphy's Chicken DeLite (or whatever it's called) is pretty dang delicious. They have Angus steak now, also.

For me, "healthy" means keeping the sodium level under control (medical reasons). I can always make 1/2 a thin crust medium pizza fit my calories if I eat a light lunch--the sodium is another story. But even so, every once in a while is okay for me to do.

So I usually choose chicken or steak over pepperoni and sausage for my meats (typically a little better on sodium), or go veggie. I always go thin crust, since that's my personal preference. National chains all have nutrition info available, so you can compare your choices to make the best decision and make it fit your day.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Thin crust + chicken + veggies
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My favorite pizzas are the kinds you find in France, honestly... preferably the 5 cheese ones with gorgonzola.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

A woman after my own heart. :) I love white sauce or olive oil and garlic on the crust topped with chicken, feta, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and of course, mozzarella.

• ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to do a lower calorie pizza: thin crust, veggies, and chicken. Yummy.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

Yummm! I like white sauce or pesto vs. marinara myself. Papa Murphy's Chicken DeLite (or whatever it's called) is pretty dang delicious. They have Angus steak now, also.

Yes, their pizza is called Herb Chicken Mediterranean...my favorite. I usually get it on regular crust though, just because. :)

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    This may not work for today, but for a future time you could try making your own pizza. I make my own pizza relatively often and it is awesome!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »

Yes, their pizza is called Herb Chicken Mediterranean...my favorite. I usually get it on regular crust though, just because. :)

That's it! Thanks! Oh, I totally know what we're eating during next Sunday's NFC Championship game B)
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Try thin crust options or go to their website before ordering they have calories of their pizzas per slice their papa johns reg spinach slice medium is 200 cals a slice
    looking at ordering pizza tonight - anyone have any opinions on what to order to make it "healthier" - beside the obvious, don't have, but this is a lifestyle change and there will be pizza in my life, just not the 4 cheese/loads of meat ones. Papa Johns/Pizza Hut are the two local joints..

ry
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Thin crust + chicken + veggies

Pretty much this. If you stay away from sausage or pepperoni you can save a lot of calories and I like thin crust.