Veggie and struggling to eat calories

Options

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    What did you eat before?

^ This. Your profile says you're trying to lose weight. So, how did you gain it in the first place? It certainly wasn't by eating under 1200 calories. So, assuming you've been vegetarian this whole time, you obviously had no problems eating over 1200 calories beforehand. Just eat more of what you used to eat.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Tempeh is my new favourite food. Great source of protein without being *too* high in fat (but as others have said, you need fat!! Did you know that rats' tails fall off if they don't eat enough fat? You don't want that happening!!). I also eat half an avocado every day in my dinner salad (summer in NZ, so they're nice and cheap), but you could do toasted seeds or nuts instead. You can eat salad and still make it calorific!

I'm vege too, feel free to add me as a friend so you can have a peek at what I'm eating (only a week in, but it will give you an idea).
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Full fat yogurt -- it is fabulous with some raisins and honey thrown in.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    god i wish i had your problem, I'm a veggie who never struggles to eat every last delicious calorie.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Their is also vega products that might help you out.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jomooreuk wrote: »
    Thanks for the ideas - I'm not a vegan but worry that adding extra fat to my diet will make weight loss even harder. :(

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas - I'm not a vegan but worry that adding extra fat to my diet will make weight loss even harder. :(

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

She's new. People aren't born knowing this stuff. I thought the point of these forums was to encourage, not belittle.
  • SergeantSausage
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

She's new. People aren't born knowing this stuff. I thought the point of these forums was to encourage, not belittle.

From what I can gather, the purpose of these forums is to spread Superstition, Woo Woo, BroScience, and FatLogic, 'cause I've been here a bit over a week and every thread - EVERY LAST TOPIC is riddled to the core with it.

But, y'know, that's just one dude's observation, right?
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

Seems like a lot of people like to criticize than help in most, not all but alot, sad really
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

From what I can gather, the purpose of these forums is to spread Superstition, Woo Woo, BroScience, and FatLogic, 'cause I've been here a bit over a week and every thread - EVERY LAST TOPIC is riddled to the core with it.

And several people had already (politely) informed her that it was misinformation. You just chose to be a jerk because..?
  • SergeantSausage
    edited January 2015
    Options

And several people had already (politely) informed her that it was misinformation. You just chose to be a jerk because..?

Because "Be Yourself" was the motto I was brought up with, right?

I doesn't much particularly matter to me others' opinions on my politeness ... but thanks for noticing!

You have yourself a wonderful day now ...

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

You can't even what?

My sister was the fattest in her entire life as a vegetarian.
  • LAWoman72
    edited January 2015
    Options

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

I am sorry this forum is so trying for you. Is someone forcing you to be here, by any chance?

Seriously, what is the problem? If there is just not anything of value here, why are you here?

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

Who on earth is spreading any of that in this thread? The OP was under an incorrect assumption and people corrected her. They have done a better job of stopping that misinformation than your contribution to this thread.
  • SergeantSausage
    edited January 2015
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

You can't even what?

I can't even fathom the Cognitive Dissonance that allows both these ideas to compete as "valid"

[paraphrsed]]
    (1) I need to eat more ... I can't eat enough ... I can't get to 1200 AND
    (2) I can't eat nuts cause I'll get too fat

The inconsistency of non-logic that allows both to be valid concerns is mind boggling.

<boggle>

" My sister was the fattest in her entire life as a vegetarian." ==> well ... yeah? That's kinda how over consumption works and kinda my point: OP wants more calories but doesn't want more calories. As if more calories from veggies is any different, at all, from calories from nuts, in terms of weight loss and calorie deficit/overage.

I still ... can't ...even.
  • LAWoman72
    Options

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

You can't even what?

I can't even fathom the Cognitive Dissonance that allows both these ideas to compete as "valid"

(1) I need to eat more .., I can't eat enough ... I can't get to 1200 AND

The inconsistency of non-logic that allows both to be valid concerns is mind boggling.

<boggle>

" My sister was the fattest in her entire life as a vegetarian." ==> well ... yeah? That's kinda how over consumption works and kinda my point: OP wants more calories but doesn't want more calories. As if more calories from veggies is any different, at all, from calories from nuts, in terms of weight loss and calorie deficit/overage.

I'm sorry that you still can't even and that you are so traumatized. Perhaps a nice cup of warm broth and a relaxing book are in order. Hope you feel better soon, this has obviously all been quite difficult for you.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

You can't even what?

[paraphrsed]]
    (1) I need to eat more ... I can't eat enough ... I can't get to 1200 AND

<boggle>

I keep expecting your posts to end with..

"/thread*

There is at least one poster here that you're going to like a lot!

People have different ideas and opinions. Different ideas and opinions are what make the board interesting. If every post has one response and then the rest of the people said, "I agree," who would bother reading it? Boring!

You don't have to be a "jerk" as it was said, to disagree. You can just disagree without being rude, nasty, etc.

Fwiw.
  • SergeantSausage
    Options

I ... I can't even ...

<sigh>

You can't even what?

(1) I need to eat more .., I can't eat enough ... I can't get to 1200 AND

<boggle>

I'm sorry that you still can't even and that you are so traumatized. Perhaps a nice cup of warm broth and a relaxing book are in order. Hope you feel better soon, this has obviously all been quite difficult for you.

Well thank you all for your collective concern.

Your suggestion is noted ... but I'm feeling myself more in the mood for some
    Ritualistic Self Flagellation this evening. I hear it works off a good amount of calories ...

• alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you ate when you became overweight, but less of it.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    With only 1-1/2 stone to lose, set MFP for 1lb or 1/2 kg a week loss. My guess is that you will have more than 1200 calories to eat (which may also take away your fear of eating fats). You will still lose, but you'll hold onto more of your muscle (good) while also feeling more full (also good). This is not a race!