vermicelli ,anyone??

Options
manoozo
manoozo Posts: 156 Member
do you know a good recipe for vermicelli noodles?

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I love these!

I usually have them in place of rice for a stir fry. I buy the spinach ones which taste amazing or the brown rice ones. I basically just cook up a bunch of veggies... throw in some sauce.. add the noodles that have been soaked in warm water for a few mins... mix it around and serve. Super yummy!

I have also put them into homemade veggie soup. I break up the noodles than add them into the soup when it's almost cooked.

I also love them as a side dish. Soaked for a few minutes than mixed in a pan with a bit of butter or margarine and some spices.

I'm clearly not super adventurous so I would love to see if anyone else has suggestions!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese spring rolls with dipping sauce is one of my favorites.
  • manoozo
    Options
    all i found was the white rice ones...but i would looooooooooove to try the spinach ones...seems yummy!!!
    if i put spinach with veggies would it be close??
  • manoozo
    Options

how do you do it??
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    all i found was the white rice ones...but i would looooooooooove to try the spinach ones...seems yummy!!!
    if i put spinach with veggies would it be close??

It might... haven't tried it. You don't get an overpowering spinach taste in the spinach version. They are made with spinach juice. So yummy! I found them in my local discount grocery store.. first time I saw them in a store other than an ethnic food store. A few stores in my town have a decent ethnic food selection which makes them easier to find... I definitely have to stock up!

For the spinach ones... I had a package of the plain ones and experimented by soaking them and than cooking them slightly with spinach juice. They tasted the same! I have a juicer so I just juiced a bit of spinach and added it to them but I'm sure you could blend some up with a blender to add.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options

how do you do it??

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vietnamese-fresh-spring-rolls/
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are making this at home. I hear there are rats and mice in the packaged kind.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Made this yesterday, OMNOM: http://pinterest.com/pin/559290847444458256/

thaisal71-537x800.jpg
  • manoozo
    Options
    WOW!!! seems very delicious!!! i will try this