Body Beast

Options
I'm starting Body Beast next week. Anyone interested in joining me? I've just completed two rounds of P90X.

Replies

• mustangtiff21
    mustangtiff21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will....I got it and haven't started yet. Need to get back To lifting!
  • stevesfoods
    stevesfoods Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago. Not as much fun as P90 or Insanity, Eating much more than before and not really enjoying the extra weight. only a couple pounds. It seems to settle at my gut fast but by the time i'm done with BB it says you will work it off.
  • bd208
    bd208 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago. Not as much fun as P90 or Insanity, Eating much more than before and not really enjoying the extra weight. only a couple pounds. It seems to settle at my gut fast but by the time i'm done with BB it says you will work it off.
    I just finished my first round of Body Beast, it is not intended to be anything like P90 or Insanity...it's weight lifting using different workout styles. If you're gaining weight and are not satisfied then I suggest you incorporate the cardio from either of the beach body programs you've done or perhaps do a "hybrid" program. Your results are going to come from effort, goals and where you started at as far as physical ability. You also have the Lean and Beast blocks that you can choose from. If you're not happy with what your results are you can modify to fit your needs. Other than that, It's a pretty sound weight lifting and nutritional program. For the "hybrids" incorporating beach body programs go to pinterest, you will also find menus and workout schedules. Good luck on your fitness journey!!!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to join me. I can send you info if you want.
  • StayinFitDeb
    StayinFitDeb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On week two now. Me & my husband started together. :D
  • dmcdaniel1972
    dmcdaniel1972 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do you log your body beast workouts. Starting tomorrow. I know you burn calories nut strength training doesnt tranfer into calorie burn. If I am eating more than i will be way over my alotmemt for the day
  • bd208
    Options
    How do you log your body beast workouts. Starting tomorrow. I know you burn calories nut strength training doesnt tranfer into calorie burn. If I am eating more than i will be way over my alotmemt for the day
    What? Strength Training does not transfer to calorie burn???? You've got to be kidding me! You WILL burn calories when you strength train....where did you get your information from? If you follow the Body Beast program, the nutrition is layed out for you. You can't lift and not expect to be burning anything...If you follow the eating plan with the workout schedule you will understand why you will be eating the calories you are given. You can go to Pinterest like I've stated before or go to the Beach Body website and read what others are saying.....Don't go by the "old" standards. Do your research!!!!!

• StayinFitDeb
    StayinFitDeb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM so, I see my exact calorie burn. Any type of activity burns calories. During weight training, you probably won't sweat as much as you would during cardio. However, you will still burn calories.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    bd208 wrote: »
    What? Strength Training does not transfer to calorie burn???? You've got to be kidding me! You WILL burn calories when you strength train....where did you get your information from? If you follow the Body Beast program, the nutrition is layed out for you. You can't lift and not expect to be burning anything...If you follow the eating plan with the workout schedule you will understand why you will be eating the calories you are given. You can go to Pinterest like I've stated before or go to the Beach Body website and read what others are saying.....Don't go by the "old" standards. Do your research!!!!!

not for nothing but compared to cardio- strength training burns are pretty nominal.
  • bd208
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

not for nothing but compared to cardio- strength training burns are pretty nominal.
    Depends on what kind of strength training you're doing. I lift heavy so my "cardio" as you put it is pretty good. Cardio has it's place, but doing it for long periods of time will cause you to go into a "catabolic" burn, where your using your muscle store and quit burning fat. You can utilize both cardio and weight training together and slim and also sculpt your body. Saying that one is better than the other is selling yourself short...

• stevesfoods
    Options
    I wear a HRM so, I see my exact calorie burn. Any type of activity burns calories. During weight training, you probably won't sweat as much as you would during cardio. However, you will still burn calories.
    Me too. I log them here under Cardio and just enter the minutes and calories burned. Named each workout to make it easier.
  • 9TheBeast4
    Options
    Beast is with You guys! :) I am doing BodyBeast for some time but I werent eating fine so my results are good but I know i can be better. Now Im carring more what I am eating with FitnesPal so I cant wait my future shape!!! :)

Trying to have:
    2g protein / 1 kg my weight
    1g fat / 1 kg my weight
    Rest is carbs to the my callories limit on that day.
  • KatiCoufal
    KatiCoufal Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I think she is talking about when you add in your exercise into MFP, if it is for strength, MFP doesn't calculate any calories burned. MFP only calculates calories burned if you enter it under cardio.
  • stevesfoods
    Options
    I'm starting Body Beast next week. Anyone interested in joining me? I've just completed two rounds of P90X.

Hows it going? I am in my last three weeks and doing well still. Added only 10 minutes of cardio 3 times a week to keep some fat off and thinking maybe I shouldn't have. My gains would have been better but I do see some size gains I didnt have with P90X.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Depends on what kind of strength training you're doing. I lift heavy so my "cardio" as you put it is pretty good. Cardio has it's place, but doing it for long periods of time will cause you to go into a "catabolic" burn, where your using your muscle store and quit burning fat. You can utilize both cardio and weight training together and slim and also sculpt your body. Saying that one is better than the other is selling yourself short...

Lifting super heavy is not the same as long distance cardio.

Yeah yeah- lift heavy weights faster for cardio- I get it- not the same as logging hours of cardio in ANY form.

I'm running Sheiko- so- I think I qualify as "lifting heavy" it's still not anywhere near the amount I burned running steady for over an hour.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing Body Beast 3 weeks in. I developed elbow tendinitis. I loved my results in the first 3 weeks though. It's been about a month and a half, so I'm going to start next week! I agree, lifting heavy and long distance cardio are two totally different things, even though you are using the same muscles. Lifting heavy requires fast twitch muscle fibers. Most people in the gym will say, "explode up", meaning to move the weight with a quick and powerful motion. Long distance cardio, such as running, does not recruit these muscle fibers at the same rate. I believe a balance of all forms of exercise are needed.

For me, P90X, running, and Body Beast seem to work very well.