Shaunt T's Insanity/T25 which is better?

Options
shweta156
shweta156 Posts: 23 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello

I am a mother of a 2 year old and a 4 month old and was planning to get back to exercising and since cannot go out wanted to go for home workout DVDs.

I was wondering what is everyone's thought which one is better Shaun T's Insanity or T25 or any other which people are using and has helped them.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Insanity but I have done T25. Since I expect that time will be an issue for you with the little ones I'd recommend starting with T25 as you get great results in just 25 minutes a day. My wife and I both did this programme a couple of times and found it to be really effective and being able to do it at home was great - easy to squeeze in an intense 25 min workout. Drop me a message if you want any more info.
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have both. I haven't completed either program, because I use them when I can't make it to the gym. I will say T25 goes by fast and is a great work out for such a short time. Insanity was Insane!! It was to much for me! Maybe someday I will fit enough to do the program :smiley: Good luck deciding. I know you didn't ask but if you like dancey stuff and kickboxing you may like Turbo Fire, it is my favorite!!!
  • shweta156
    Options
    Thanks both, took your advice and ordered T25. I was also a bit biased towards T25 as I don't think after delivery my knees are yet in good shape...some day.
    Can't wait to start the workout :smile:
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    shweta156 wrote: »
    Hello

I am a mother of a 2 year old and a 4 month old and was planning to get back to exercising and since cannot go out wanted to go for home workout DVDs.

I was wondering what is everyone's thought which one is better Shaun T's Insanity or T25 or any other which people are using and has helped them.

Thanks in advance.

T25 had a modifier so you could start with that and shouldn't bother your knees at all :)
  • shweta156
    Options
    Cool thanks.
  • Dee00006
    Options
    I have done both. Both are good but I think you made a good decision.
  • shweta156
    Options
    Hope so... plan to start using it coming Monday. Fingers crossed.
  • mzootie
    mzootie Posts: 133
    Options
    I have done Insanity 2 full rounds and when I feel the urge to mix it in now and then. I also mix in T25 and Tapout XT as well. You made a good choice going for the T25 first. Insanity is longer and tougher especially month 2. T25 is great for time constraints and as you get more fit you can increase the intensity as well. Enjoy
  • RebeccaAnne219
    RebeccaAnne219 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hope so... plan to start using it coming Monday. Fingers crossed.

Scweta156 - When you get your T25 we should start together and be accountability buddies. I know that would really help me out. You in???
  • shweta156
    Options
    I am in... Will start this Monday.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Thanks both, took your advice and ordered T25. I was also a bit biased towards T25 as I don't think after delivery my knees are yet in good shape...some day.

You'll do fine. I didn't find Focus T25 to be hard on my knees. Good luck with your workout, I think you'll enjoy it.
  • kevstrac
    Options
    Hi can anyone recommend how we document a T25 work out in our diary on mfp?
  • freebies416
    Options

• freebies416
    Options
    Hi. I have Insanity and have done some of the workouts but never completed a full round. I just joined my park district fitness center because I like working out in a class instead of at home. I just went to the first morning total body class and it was ok. The instructor was ok but not as motivating as Shawn T is. I think I will get T25 and do that when I do not go to the fitness center. Maybe my wife will use T25 as well because she did not join the fitness center. She tried Insanity a few times but didn't like it. I just need motivation to get up early in the morning to go to the fitness center. 6:00 am class. Let me know how T25 works out for you.
  • analuxton
    analuxton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just completed week one of T25 and so far I really enjoy it! 25 minutes is easy to squeeze into a busy day and I find it isn't so overwhelming that I dread it. This is the first time I have stuck to an excercise routine for 5 days straight.

Each day is a different focus and I find sometimes it takes a while to figure out the footwork, but now that I've gone through each round once, I look forward to next week when I can focus on doing things correctly and pushing myself rather than trying to learn the moves.

I already feel stronger and have noticed that each day it's getting a little easier. I think you're going to enjoy it.
  • juyoung94
    juyoung94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had really good luck sticking to T25 and am amazed at how effective it can be. I highly recommend doing your measurements each Saturday. If you stick with it, you will see results. As for measuring in MFP, I used a heart rate monitor and put down the calories from that - I range around 250 calories for a 25 minute workout and about 400 for the 50 minute day. Hope this helps!
    -
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I know you already ordered your program, but I just wanted to throw this out there. I think it depends on what motivates you the best as to what program is better. T25 is shorter than Insanity (except for Fridays which are doulbe up days on T25) and less hardcore. I completed Insanity and then tried T25. I gave up at week three, three different times. I love Shaun T, but T25 is just not my type of program. I'm doing Insanity Max30 now and LOVE it. I need my workouts to be insane, they need to push me and make me feel like I've broken through barriers every time I do them. T25 just didn't do that for me, but it's still a great program though for those who need/want to take it down a notch from the more intense programs out there.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The intensity levels are so different they cannot really be compared. Insanity is a more advanced level program that cannot really be modified to beginners all that well. T25 is much milder in intensity and more easily done by beginners.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am also starting t25 on Monday. Would love some workout/accountability buddies!
  • shweta156
    Options
    bug114 : I totally get what you are saying as I was like that and rejected a few programs however at this point with 2 kids between 2012 - 2014 my body is not that good in shape specially my joints so I feel insanity is not for me at this point may be once I am through T25 I should be able to try Insanity.

There was a time when I used to go for 8 mile runs but no more now both for lack of time and fitness level.