One month complete

Options
So I've got one month completed with no cheat days or going over on my calorie goals (1600). A little background - I am a disabled veteran with nerve damage in both legs and lower back issues. I am a 41 year old guy, 5'7 and started a month ago at 286 pounds. Right now I am only doing better eating, having not yet incorporated any exercise. By day I am a desk hound that rarely moves around. Up until a few months ago I used to travel a lot eating take out or fast food.

Even today I think that I am addicted to fast food. I don't just eat it because it's easy, I really do like the taste. That will always be the most difficult thing for me.

When I weigh in tomorrow morning I project to be between 20-22 pounds lost so far (weighed in this morning at 20 pounds but my "official" weigh-ins are Monday morning when I get up...after the shower).

Weight loss by week has been:
Week 1 - 7.8 lbs
Week 2 - 6.8
Week 3 - 1.6
Week 4 will be around 5 pounds

I think Week 3 was just a heavier weigh-in and was probably closer to 2.5 for the past two weeks which is my goal for now as I have SO much to lose.

Good luck all!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • McBoffin
    McBoffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good work! This is the place to be to get support and encouragement.
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That's awesome guy. I'm a vet too. AF 83 to 87. Isn't weight loss like 90% what goes in your mouth and 10% exercise?
    Not like the biggest loser show IOW lol. I'm lucky that my new job requires me to walk at least 90 minutes a day x 5 so i always got that going for me. I just hope i can be as faithful as you have been in sticking to goal and logging. I got a lot to lose as well, 70 lbs minimum just to get to the correct BMI yikes
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    WOW! I can personally say it is very very hard to lose without activity, and you have to be perfect with the calorie counting. Way to go! I also like the taste of fast food. Today I want a cheeseburger. I ate an avocado instead, but it was definitely no cheeseburger. Good luck meeting your goal, you are off to an amazing start!
  • javafate
    javafate Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I know it will slow down significantly since I have a ton to lose, but it's still nice to see an initial drop. The key for me is going to be not getting disappointed when it doesn't maintain.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The first month is the hardest. You're doing great. Keep it up! The fast food cravings will fade -- in another two months, you'll wonder how you ever ate the stuff.

As for activity, are there any adapted forms of exercise that you could do without straining your lower back? Upper body, maybe? It might not be strictly necessary, but it could help you feel better as you do this. I don't know your specific situation, though.

Either way, good on you.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    That is great progress for one month. Congrats to all your hard work. Fast food does taste good by the way. No argument there! :D
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Good luck honey! You can do it with no exercise :) I too am disabled vet (100%) so I can relate but I am at a point where I can begin incorporating exercise (yay!) ... keep going!!!
  • javafate
    javafate Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words of support...and for the vets - Thanks for your service! Maybe I'll see if there is interest in a veteran support group on here.

As an update, this morning I am now comfortably two belt notches smaller :)