Which spiralizer?

Options
I have looked at several online, and some are like a machine with a crank, others are hand held. Which do you like and why?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I have the white plastic crank one and never use it. It just feels cheap and flimsy and I can use a knife to cut up zucchini in a fraction of the time, with less mess and less clean up. And I just never really cared about the noodle shape enough or cared for zucchini in pasta sauce, or found another use, I guess. I know some people love both kinds.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at getting one too so I'm interested as well. I'm thinking about getting the inexpensive one that looks like a vegetable peeler first to see if I really do the squash pasta. Then I'll ask for a fancy one for my birthday in time for my summer garden if I do. I'm a kitchen gadget girl, so I don't want one of the big space takers if I don't really get into it.
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Check out inspiralized.com. The writer prefers the Paderno World Cuisine A4982799 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer. I have Kitchen Basics Tri-Blade Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer. It's a countertop unit. I'd definitely suggest that over handheld devices. You can slice more with it. Some items are harder to push through the blades and the counter allows you the leverage to use pressure.