green coffee bean pills! :)

Options
i'm going to start taking green coffee bean pills on sunday. does anyone know if it really work. and if its safe
i am currently running 2 miles a day and today i'm starting to eat healthier
if i mix the green coffee bean pills with diet and exercise how much am i expected to lose i am 5'4 and 153.4 pounds and my weight goal is 115 to 125

Replies

• Leo_729
    Leo_729 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just saw something on the news about these that they do not do a thing for you. Eating better, portion control and exercise is the way to go.
  • zmeplay
    zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think the reason it helps you 'lose weight' is because it makes you lose water weight.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    They just contain caffeine. Save your money and have a cup of coffee instead.
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    From what I read, the chlorogenic acid from the unroasted coffee beans (not the same as a cup of roasted coffee) is supposed to slow the rate of glucose entering the blood stream, but I don't know how accurate that is.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Personally, I did try them combined with the Raspberry Ketone pills but didn't see much results. Getting much better luck using portion control and the 5:2. PLUS it doesn't cost me anything every month.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    if i mix the green coffee bean pills with diet and exercise
    Skip the first one and jump right to the last two, have patience, be consistent, succeed. Ta-da!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    if i mix the green coffee bean pills with diet and exercise
    Skip the first one and jump right to the last two, have patience, be consistent, succeed. Ta-da!

^this
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just saw something on the news about these that they do not do a thing for you. Eating better, portion control and exercise is the way to go.

^^^^ this!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Please, save yourself some money and just make your own coffee.

Continue eating healthy, portion control and exercising. You will achieve better results and health.

Good luck in your journey
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Looks like a gimmick, sounds like a gimmick...money it must be a gimmick!!! ;) any diet pill is horrible for you! You can do it without those nasty health side effects... I am.. You can. Too! Exercise, portion control is the all the "magic" you need :)
  • TotalTory
    TotalTory Posts: 59
    Options
    Do not waste your money - they do nothing. It is truly just something mental. Do what you have been doing and eat healthy. They are a waste of money.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The only place you'll lose weight from green coffee pills is your wallet. As the saying goes there's no such thing as a free lunch
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    They are about as effective as placebo.

If you really want to waste your money I'll link you my PayPal account.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    i'm going to start taking green coffee bean pills on sunday. does anyone know if it really work. and if its safe
    i am currently running 2 miles a day and today i'm starting to eat healthier
    if i mix the green coffee bean pills with diet and exercise how much am i expected to lose i am 5'4 and 153.4 pounds and my weight goal is 115 to 125

They're as useful as the googles... they do nothing.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels once said, "If it sounds too good to be true. It IS too good to be true." And let's just face it- Jillian Michaels is thebomb dot com.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I think the reason it helps you 'lose weight' is because it makes you lose water weight.

Totally this! I believe it's just the caffeine in them that make you lose some water weight. There's no real proof that they help at all. If you're eating right and exercising you're doing enough to lose weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    OP....weight loss is science and basic mathematics. There is no magic. 1 Lb of weight loss = 3,500 calories below your maintenance level of calories in a given week. There may be something to these types of things in RE to appetite suppression, etc. But fat burning really is just science and math. If you net to your MFP goal (includes a weight loss deficit...you don't have to make it bigger) then you will lose weight providing you're estimating intake and output correctly and don't have a medical condition or take medications that interfere with metabolic rate.

When you see people drop a lot of weight at once, you need to recognize that the majority of that weight is just water...who cares about water...you want to drop fat, that's what counts. Eat a deficit of calories for weight loss; exercise for fitness and your overall health and wellbeing. Avoid the gimmicks.
  • afanco
    afanco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Follow this one weird trick...
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    haha, Yeah, feel free to send some money my way too :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Green coffe is a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants are not so much a weight loss herb in and of themselves, but if you are fighting any kind of illness or physical ailment that is stalling your weight loss they can help. Given the opportunity your body will always try to self-correct, it will repair damage, it will fight off outside invaders, it will perk up sluggish organs...antioxidants are a great way to give your body the materials it needs to perform these corrections. So if part of your excess weight is due to a slow liver, it will help your body perk up that liver. Ditto for anything viral, or anything else damaged.

It's not a stimulant effect, it's a healthy body effect. I don't think it's possible to have too many antioxidants in your diet, and I keep it around for when anyone gets sick. It's a good herb despite all the hype, and lots of people lose weight when they introduce antioxidants into their diet. Most medical test will not detect organ problems until that organ is crashing and burning, but your body will know what areas need work and fix them given the chance.