1 Year, 121 lbs gone. PICS!

Options
iamuniqueiam has logged in for 365 days in a row!

I can't believe a year has passed since I joined MFP! And I really can't believe I've lost 121 lbs in the past year! I didn't take an official "starting" pic because...well....because I didn't think I would be successful. I figured I'd fail just like every other time I tried to "diet". I do have pics that are about 3 years old that I've been using as a benchmark for comparison. I don't have a lot of pictures of the old me to choose from because I used to avoid the camera of course. In the pictures below I weigh 310 lbs:

0d0sxt76xp2t.jpg

And this is me about 6 months ago:

kskaf8za8lbt.jpg

And this is me today at 189 lbs:

ar69amwvty57.jpg

I'm still a work in progress. I probably have about another 40lbs I'd like to lose (hard to gauge because of excess skin), but I don't really focus on the scale so much anymore. I measure my accomplishments by the distances I can cycle or run, the weights I can lift, and in how energetic and strong I feel each and every day.

Tomorrow I will wake up and embrace day 366...I will continue to eat less than what I used to, move more than what I used to, and most importantly...I will continue to believe that I am capable of accomplishing amazing things when I'm not afraid to try.

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Wow!! you look amazing!! Great job :)
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Seriously good work!
  • crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    you look great! seriously great job.
  • lisajparadis
    lisajparadis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep it up! You look happy and healthy!
  • energize2015
    energize2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Wow...what an inspiration you are!
  • wntrbreez
    wntrbreez Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You look so good. Very inspiring. After reading your story and seeing your transformation, I've made up my mind to go the gym tonight. Thanks for the boost!!!!!
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You must feel so proud!
    Congrats!:D
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Love the story, love your view... amazing. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your continuous success...
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • trublutopaz
    trublutopaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You're my hero. I'm at 215 or so now. I need to get to 150 to be healthy. I'm only in the second week of cataloguing calories and working out. Early days yet. But this time I have to do it. I don't want to be old and tired and sick going into retirement in a few years. I want to pick your brain and find out everything you did. B)
  • heathergails
    Options
    Wow! I was going to say "unbelievable!" but you're living proof of what hard work & determination can accomplish! I am so impressed & inspired :)
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration you are my friend! So honored to have watched you grow this year ( in spirit, not size!) I know you will keep on succeeding, you are unstoppable!
  • GettingSlim95
    GettingSlim95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, great job.
  • vprince1173
    Options
    You should definitely not avoid cameras!! You look awesome, keep on taking care of yourself!! You are an inspiration :smile:
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful achievement! You look great!
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job. So glad you succeeded this time. You look great! You are an inspiration to me!
  • Goaldn2015
    Options
    Inspiring !! I am on day 6 of a 100lb weight loss journey .. Way to go Girl
  • nkarpilo
    nkarpilo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You look fantastic!
  • mvmckee
    mvmckee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for you!! I can't wait for my "day 365". Thank you for sharing your wonderful accomplishment
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!