Help!!!

Options
so I downloaded this app while on vacation and I was consistently under my calorie goal and I was walking everyday quite a bit and I still managed to gain weight.... I'm feeling really low and I really don't know what to do... Any ideas??

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    You're most likely retaining water from travel and excess sodium if you were eating out. Give it a week and it should go away.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You're most likely retaining water from travel and excess sodium if you were eating out. Give it a week and it should go away.
    This or you logged poorly and ate quite a bit above your maintenance every day.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Most of the time when people say they are having this problem it is because of logging their food without using a food scale to weigh their food, or they are using MFP's estimates of calorie burns (which are usually grossly over estimated by MFP) and eat back all of those calories. Most recommend eating back 1/3 to 1/2 of the exercise calories that have been estimated by MFP to see how that affects their weight loss after a month or so.

I was having this issue too when I first started. I invested in a food scale and realized that I was eating more than I had thought. Also, I bought an HRM to get a better idea of the amount of calories I was burning and was shocked to find that MFP was estimating anywhere from 2.5 - 4 times more calories burned than my HRM!
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I just started too. It is a pain. I find that I like to grossly over estimate the portions when I log them just to make up for the fact that I am guessing to behin with.