New to MFP

Options
I am a 70 y/o female looking for information and encouragement on this weight loss journey. I need to lose 20-25 lbs. and this is is huge for me as I lose weight very slowly. I have screwed up my body with all kinds of weight loss programs and can hardly lose any weight now. I am determined to break thru this wall and lose the weight no matter how long it takes. I have been very active all my life and am a little slow right now as I have a knee issue but that will not keep me from perusing my weight loss goal. Thanks

Replies

• Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would like to say welcome to the MFP family. This is a great site. Remember slow progress is progress. It takes time. But it also takes commitment. Is this your first time on this site? I normally suggest friends to log their daily meals for a week and reflect on what may be causing the weight gain. Some foods may surprise you. I also have knee problems, but due to my RA. I do PiYo. It is all body work. No special equipment or high cardio. It's just you and your body trying to do the best you can. I hope I can help you out. But I am still learning as I go along.
  • SisC3
    SisC3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also new to the sight. I am not sure how much advice I can give. But I would be happy to be there for support.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is my first experience on MFP. I started logging my foods on MFP one week ago and I really like doing that. I am trying to have 1200 cals. daily. Weighed this morning and I lost 1.5 lbs. my first week. That is not what I had hoped for but it is a step in the right direction.
    I am just learning how to navigate this site!!! Thanks for your post.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It is so encouraging to see the progress everyone is making. I like reading all of the posts on this site. Hope I can learn to navigate this journey and learn just what I need to do.
  • shyhandful7
    shyhandful7 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! welcome to MFP