is progresso soup really good for you?

Im just getting started trying to lose weight. Im trying to find foods that will make me full that i can still lose the pounds. Progresso soups look good but are they really good for you?

Replies

• Lambrah
    Lambrah Posts: 45 Member
    janbee21 wrote: »
    Im just getting started trying to lose weight. Im trying to find foods that will make me full that i can still lose the pounds. Progresso soups look good but are they really good for you?

it's not the best, but its not terrible either. just watch out for the sodium if you plan on eating them often
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Sure. It's food unless you are worried about sodium. Otherwise, why not :)
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    I eat Progresso soup quite often and have lost weight :) The sodium might be too high if you are watching your intake, but otherwise it's definitely a filling/satisfying option.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    I hate the phrase "good for you" because it means something different for every person. Some people are concerned about chemicals and artificial ingredients, while others are worried about calories, nutrients, etc. When I ate canned soup, my roommate would look at the nutrition label and comment on how many ingredients there are. Soup is low in calories, and canned soup is convenient, but personally, I prefer to make it myself. You need to figure out what kind of food you want to put into your diet and figure out what "good for you" means to you.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Sure, it's fuel. Whatever.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    fish and vegetables are filling and lower in calories and high in nutrients. i find brussel sprouts to be really filling.

high carb foods like bread and especially pasta can be bad to stay low calorie and lack nutrients. actually, bread i still ate, but i had to cut out pasta mostly. way too easy to overeat on that stuff.

i don't know about soup. sounds okay other than the sodium. i don't eat it. seems like something i'd get tired of pretty easily.
  • sweetiepatricia
    sweetiepatricia Posts: 4 Member
    Just so much sodium! They are yummy though. Just make sure to drink plenty of water to get rid of any bloating. I think Campbell's has low sodium soup, I just have never tried it.
  • Thanks everyone