protien, protien, protien!

Options
2»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I have to say, I saw that and almost laughed. That means a lot for 6am... :)

Since it's legal in WA, I wonder if it can be used as a weight loss drug now. There has to be a way to isolate the mental state modification, and then pair with a hunger signal nullifier like ephedra.

My understanding of cannabis is that it is not good for weight loss - at least not if there is a ready supply of monster munch to hand!

• PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Protein powder in greek yogurt, and I love chicken salad. Here's the recipe we use at work:

Cook chicken breasts
    A little poultry seasoning
    A little celery seed
    Chopped celery
    Chopped yellow onion
    Mayo

We make it in bulk so I wouldn't know the exact quantities for making a small batch, but you could play around with this until it tastes good to you :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I have to say, I saw that and almost laughed. That means a lot for 6am... :)

Since it's legal in WA, I wonder if it can be used as a weight loss drug now. There has to be a way to isolate the mental state modification, and then pair with a hunger signal nullifier like ephedra.

My understanding of cannabis is that it is not good for weight loss - at least not if there is a ready supply of monster munch to hand!

That's why you isolate the effective compounds and mix with ephedra.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hummus is the only one of my portable proteins I don't see listed! Don't forget nuts, even if they are higher in fat. How about hemp hearts? Latest fad.

The dietitian my running class brought in suggested carbohydrates about an hour before the workout to supply energy to the muscles. For rebuilding of course, lots of protein!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    String cheese or block cheese
    Protein bar
    Protein shake
    Ostrim meat stick
    Ostrim trail mix
    Nuts
    Seeds
    Nut butters
    Tuna creations (I think there's salmon too)
    Chicken

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt mixed with whey.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    when you buy bread, check the nutrition facts. I get the whole grains, as they have more protein. leafy greens are also a good source. (on top of all the nummy meat, dairy, and beans that everyone has suggested.) it all adds up throughout the day. have fun finding which ones work best for you! :)