Cant eat all these Ex cals

jbuffan218
jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Just finished working all afternoon in my yard, wore my HR monitor so I would get an accurate read on cals burned.
3 hrs and 43 minutes, cutting and bagging grass- edging-weed wacking-pruning trees and weeding.
Got a nice tan going too.
Burned a huge 1680 calories !!!!
Up till this point I have not been eating any of my exerciese calories, get 1200 a day and too many days dont hit that.
Generally around 1000 give or take. Yesterday was 963 and I had Chinese ( that was all I ate all day though )
My weight loss has been stagnant , so I recently decided to either up my cals to 1300 or eat half of exercise cals and see if that wont budge the weight.
No way in H--- can I eat 1200 plus 840 cals in good healthy food, God knows I could eat that much and more worth of cheessy fatty Mexican or a huge double pepperoni chees pizza, but I dont think thats what they mean when they suggest you eat your ex cals.
So today will be another day under my cals and I'm starting to get frustrated.
But man my yard looks fantastic!

Replies

• Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Thinks like almonds, avocado, beans, lentils, oatmeal are all very healthy and high in calories, so on days you are excercising alot you should try to incorporate more of them (i know there are alot more that other members can contribute...having a brain fart day!!). You also need to factor in how many calories you would have burned if you were just sitting around for those 3+ hours and subtract them from your exercise calories. You don't need to eat those ones back.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Make yourself a 6oz lean steak!!! that's about 300 calories alone! then add a sweet potato and some other veggies. Maybe a salad with vinagrette to start and some fruit as an evening snack and you should at least be at 550.
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    i was having the same problems with eating my calories and loosing the weight until i found a post from one of the mfp members... i didnt know how important it is to eat all those calories even when i exercise. since i have ate most all of my calories i have started loosing again. i thought that since i was only eating once a day or under my count it would drop that weight faster but it put me in starvation mode which made my body hold to what i put in it since it didnt know when i was gonna feed it agian. im sure there will be some who disagree with me but i really beileve that eating more than once a day and eating all your calories or right there at them is super important.. i do go over and am still under my count at times but i listen to my body so i know when and how much to eat...hope i dont offend i sure dont mean to :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.