Do you count the calories of oil left over in frying pan?

Options
2»

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I don't count it. I didn't consume it, why would I rip myself off like that? I weigh my pan on the scale, tare, dump in the amount of oil, note the weight, cook my food, and then weigh the pan again to find out how much oil is left. Do a little math, and accurately record my actual intake.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    As others have said, count it. Next time though do not use so much. I use Coconut Oil and don't even use a full tablespoon when cooking eggs. It is all gone when the eggs are done.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A) 2 Tbsp of oil is A LOT to use for 1 egg
    b) Why use it at all? Spray the pan with a mister, and use a nonstick pan.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    ^^Yep. Non stick pan and a smidgen of oil or butter, like 1/4 tsp works great! Or the spray, if you like that stuff.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I count it all, or if I'm making a shared meal in the pan, whatever fraction of it is "mine" vs. hubby's or kids'. But 2 Tbsp. is a lot of oil for just one egg. Even with my "regular" cookware, if I use a small pan for just one or two eggs, I only need 1 teaspoon of oil. Then it's only 40 calories, and it doesn't matter if I don't actually consume every drop of it or not.

This is me. I count all that I use, whether I eat it or not, but I use very little oil.

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    If you want to be accurate then weigh the pan, add the oil, record the weight.

Cook the egg out and re-weigh the pan and leftover oil after it is cool.

The difference is how many grams (and you are using a scale that records to the gram, correct?) of oil you are eating with the egg. 1 gram oil = 9 Kcal.

You can also weigh the egg-as different sized eggs have different calories.

TBH, 2 tablespoons of oil seem like a buttload of oil to be using.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd log it all - well actually I'd never fry an egg in oil. Just a little Pam in the bottom of the pan, but if I did want some super oily eggs I'd log it all.