Peanut flour

Options
Wondering if anyone has had 'success' by using peanut flour and mixing it with water or almond milk (or any type of liquid) to create a 'peanut butter' type concoction.

I was so happy to find PB2 but then after looking at the level of sugar in the product, I don't really want to use this product.

Thanks!

Replies

• mbattah04
    Options
    hey,

I've used PB2 and thought it was great, I would mix it with a bit of water and use it as a spread - I found it gave me my peanut butter fix in the morning, and was great for the calorie-count. I'm not a huge fan of plain peanut flour mixed with water, tastes very bland...but I'm a big fan of the traditional peanut butters...if you're looking for something very natural tasting - then peanut flour might be what you're looking for.

Are you looking for natural flavoured PB powder?
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response.
    I was looking at the natural BP powder (the plain one). I am after a 'natural' tasting peanut butter 'alternative' (trying to have that peanut butter taste without all the calories); I might try the peanut flour - I'm ok with 'bland' and I can always mix in a bit of stevia if I need to.

Thanks again,
    Sherri
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to find peanut flour that didn't cost a fortune, so had to give up the idea of using it.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks - yes I think trying to find this item will be an adventure. I would order on line but the shipping cost usually is double than the actual item and I'm certainly not going to pay $18 or more for it!