Need motivation

Options
struggling at nights during dinner? Especially when I have a glass of wine!!! How do I keep control and stay strong!!!

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    control of what? drinking, snacking? over-exercising?

O_o do you get drunk and exercise all night :P hahah jk dont ban me
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your day.
  • elle1185
    elle1185 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ugh, those glasses of wine! I know how you feel, it lowers your inhibitions and there goes a whole day of self-control. I've found if I limit my wine to only 4 oz, rather than the usual 6-8oz (or more) size glass my self-control remains enough in tact. I count whenever I pour a glass of wine ("1-1000" per ounce) or you can try using a small glass to trick yourself.

Another strategy I use is just declaring it law that I do not eat after a certain time in the evening, like 7 or 8pm. Then instead of "I shouldn't" you can think "Not an option, I simply DONT eat after 7pm". This should also help with sleep, and thereby help control your appetite.

Lastly, if I go ahead and brush my teeth for the evening, I am less tempted to eat or drink more. I think it is both the taste of mint and the hassle of brushing my teeth again if I do!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Peeking at your diary maybe you should eat at little less in the morning saving some of your calories in the evening.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    cg737311 wrote: »
    struggling at nights during dinner? Especially when I have a glass of wine!!! How do I keep control and stay strong!!!

I would suggest eating less during the day so that you have plenty of calories left to eat at night.
  • RainDrops930
    RainDrops930 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just think- if you blow it now, you will have to start all over again. What will stop you from blowing it again? If you just keep on going, it WILL pay off. It WILL show. Never give up :)