How to reduce belly fat alone

Options
I am new here. I would like to reduce my tummy alone. Any exercise you can suggest

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Can't without surgery.

The body will borrow energy/fat from where it wants to.

I suggest adding a workout routine that includes strengthening your core muscles. It won't reduce the fat but you will feel trimmer.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Can't without surgery.

The body will borrow energy/fat from where it wants to.

I suggest adding a workout routine that includes strengthening your core muscles. It won't reduce the fat but you will feel trimmer.

This. You can't spot-reduce. Oh how I wish you could... lol

Eat at a deficit, build lean muscle, and pray your genetics will do the rest... lol

Good luck! :)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Cardio
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    Where you lose weight is genetic. No specific exercise can help sadly. Reduce body fat slowly by eating at a small deficit and retain muscle through eating a protein rich diet and lifting heavy.
  • sanjithedward
    Options
    Alright. Is there any workout targetting abdomen muscles alone. Earlier I had lost so much weight with just exercise and diet but entire body became very thin and that didn't look well. Now I have put on weight and now trying to reduce only abdomen.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Cardio
    Cardio burns calories. It doesn't target where you lose fat from.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Alright. Is there any workout targetting abdomen muscles alone. Earlier I had lost so much weight with just exercise and diet but entire body became very thin and that didn't look well. Now I have put on weight and now trying to reduce only abdomen.
    You can't just reduce the abdomen. It doesn't work that way. Body fat is lost systematically, meaning when you lose 1%, it's going to come from everywhere. Where you "store" it the most is genetic and there's nothing you can do to change that.
    You can "enhance" your physique skeletal muscle wise with a good weight resistance program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

As stated, there isn't one. Body fat comes off from where it wants to come off. I would suspect you would be much happier if you started a strength training program.

• JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    /\ So sorry but no you can't spot reduce, just as a lot here have stated. Believe me I have tried... I totally agree with Hornsby you could start a strength training program which by the way will help you keep the muscle you have and help you build the muscles below. Keep at it... the thread above that queenliz99 listed is loaded with very good advice.