Short woman - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm another 5'5'' lady chiming in, I think 130ish sounds good (currently 228) for me. This is based part on the link posted earlier and part on my mom's own history of saying her lowest was a very lean 125lbs and was too unhealthy for her to maintain (She's 5'2"). I figure everyone is different, but looking in your family may give a clearer picture.
  • lislacmfp
    Options
    5'0". Currently 141. 120 is my goal weight. I've weighed less but barely ate and it wasn't healthy.
  • katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal is 120.. I would love to be 115 but 120 seems more realistic and I think I'd be happy at that.
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 0, I got real close to my Venus weight, I was 111, I was aiming for 109. Wasn't looking good on me. I added, to 123, abit too much. I'm trying to get to around 118, want to be lean and healthy.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and my profile picture was taken at around 120, just to give you an idea what that looks like. I'm medium to large frame, curvy, and somewhat muscular. Currently, I'm around 125 due to holiday gain; my goal is 115 but have a hard time maintain below 120.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    segacs wrote: »
    Better yet: Set a goal in terms of body fat percentage or measurements, instead of in terms of scale weight.

135 and muscular can be much smaller and fitter than 115 and flabby.

This. I'm 5'4" and see no reason to get lower than 135. Possibly 130.

Right. Meanwhile, I'm 5'1" and at my current ~135lbs I still have a body fat percentage that's far too high. I need to get down to around 115 before I will be in the healthy range, because I have low LBM and my weight is made up mostly of flab, not muscle.

I'm not looking to body build. Just to tone up a bit to the point where I don't feel like I'm a walking, talking piece of jiggly fat.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, aim to be 115lbs - which is still a healthy BMI.

But it's more about body fat% for me, I'd rather be a lower body fat % at 125lbs than be a high body fat and be 115lbs..
  • waxflower
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and I want to weigh 120 lbs. Or right around there...I'll see where I feel happy at when I get closer.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 and want to be 123lbs because that will be 50lbs lost but I think I really want to be between 115 and 120 :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Better yet: Set a goal in terms of body fat percentage or measurements, instead of in terms of scale weight.

135 and muscular can be much smaller and fitter than 115 and flabby.

This. I'm 5'4" and see no reason to get lower than 135. Possibly 130.

Right. Meanwhile, I'm 5'1" and at my current ~135lbs I still have a body fat percentage that's far too high. I need to get down to around 115 before I will be in the healthy range, because I have low LBM and my weight is made up mostly of flab, not muscle.

I'm not looking to body build. Just to tone up a bit to the point where I don't feel like I'm a walking, talking piece of jiggly fat.

Oh yeah! I just meant for me. I lifted heavy all through my weight loss and retained a lot of muscle. 5'1" is quite a bit shorter too.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall. Goal weight between 110 to 115.
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft. When I started I was at 188 (not my highest though)...lost weight, had some bumps in the road, and went up a little, and now at 165. I would like to get to the 120s as the ultimate goal. The little goals right now, to get under 150, then to get to 135 and then to the 120s...Trying to do it in a healthy way with watching what I am eating and exercising.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are some REALLY low goal weights in this thread. I am 5'4" and aim for 120 cuz I've gotten there a dozen times I just need to STAY there this time. Was 101 years ago but will never get there again and that's OK.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    111YoYo111 wrote: »
    Wow, there are some REALLY low goal weights in this thread. I am 5'4" and aim for 120 cuz I've gotten there a dozen times I just need to STAY there this time. Was 101 years ago but will never get there again and that's OK.

A couple. But I'm 5'4" and think 120 is low haha. We all have different bodies. I don't know what the recommended weights are for the other heights.
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my ultimate goal weight is 130. But then again I have a lot to lose, and I haven't see 130 since grade school. If/when I get to 130, I'll reevaluate at that point if I want to be any lower.
  • adreecakes
    adreecakes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" And 121 at the moment. My goal is to get down to 110. The lowest I've been is 113 and I loved the way I looked. I want to tone up though so weighing myself probably isn't the best idea.
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 1/2" , goal is 110-115 pounds. If I got to 120 I would be happy too! :)
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0/5'1 and my sw was 146.
    Currently Im at 136 and my goal weight is 110-120. Whichever I feel most changed in and feel confident and strong.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    jmauerhan wrote: »
    Am I too tall to "weigh in" on this topic? I'm 5'5, which is "average" height :) My long term eventual goal is 130, but my goal for right now is just 175. I have always been heavy.

I used this calculator:
    http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html

and it says:

Based on the Robinson formula (1983), your ideal weight is 126.8 lbs
    Based on the Miller formula (1983), your ideal weight is 132.1 lbs
    Based on the Devine formula (1974), your ideal weight is 125.7 lbs
    Based on the Hamwi formula (1964), your ideal weight is 124.6 lbs
    Based on the healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 111.2 lbs - 150.2 lbs

Man, there's no way at 5'2 and hourglass I'm ever going to be/maintain 110 pounds (what a few of those say!). 136.4 sounds far more realistic!
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi I m 5 ft my current at is 115 lbs n my goal at is 110 lbs . mores than reducing weight I want to tone up my body.. Before marriage at this weight my body was all tonnes up but now even weight is same but I still look heavy.