A NSV - I hiked up a mountain!

Options
Annabear3
Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
7 months ago I was staring at 300 lbs and could barely tie my shoes comfortably. Fast forward to now and I'm staring the 100's right in the face and just a handful of pounds away from onederland. I'm feeling so much more comfortable in my skin and trying new and more difficult workouts.

So my sister asks me if I want to go hiking with her up Camelback Mountain. She says the trail has a couple rough spots, but for the most part is a trail with a slight incline. OK, I hear it can be rough, but they must have been talking about the Echo Canyon side (the hard side), we're going to try the Cholla trail, that's the easy side. Ummm, nope, not easy. Lots of huge step ups and tight spaces. Then at about half way, it's scaling the mountain!! I was so tired and sore, but I made it to the top!! 1.6 miles and 1,300 feet. It took me forever and I thought I'd fall off at least a dozen times, but I made it!!

dezsw44sscvg.png
The mountain

u44nmshvee3x.png
My sister and me at the top

Replies

• 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You ROCK! Great job! Isn't it an awesome feeling? Your next time will be even better. :)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Aint_Misbehavin
    Aint_Misbehavin Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Good for you for getting out there and making it to the top! Camelback is one I haven't tried because I'm still not convinced I can make it but you give me hope :)
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    NSV's are some of the best. Nice work!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! I love climbing mountains.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I wanna do that some day! We've got some great mountains for that around here, too.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh super sweet NSV! It s such a rewarding accomplishment this one! Congrats and keep on sending pictures of your next hikes please ;-)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Amazing feeling of accomplishment. And a great reminder of why we do this in the first place. Hope there are many more mountains in your future.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Seriously freaking awesome. Way to go!!
  • Annabear3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel amazing. I cried when I got to the top because I didn't give up. The sore muscles are a wonderful pain and the scrapes and bruises are my battle scars.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Next hike, Echo Canyon, then onto Piestewa Peak (used to be called Squaw Peak). I've done them and you can too!!
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just do it!!!
  • Annabear3
    Options
    Echo canyon scares me a bit! So does Piestewa Peak (I still call it Squaw Peak all the time). I want to though, really do. I want to do Wind Cave Trail as well. I ear the view along the way is beautiful.
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    awesome work well done :) one of my big fitness goals is to climb a mountain
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow! You both did so well!! :)
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Excellent work and a great accomplishment! Definitely set your sights on ascending Echo Canyon next. You can do this!
  • mulsas
    mulsas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I did that exact hike when I was out there 2 years ago, along with mountain biking in McDowell, it was a great time.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!