Gastric bypass

Options
I'm going for Gastric bypass (sleeve) in two weeks. Lost 14 pounds preparing for it. Are there more members who went this route?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    no.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Why, yes. I had my surgery six months ago. Are you stocked up with soft foods for afterwards?
  • crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    i didn't go gastric bypass, but i did opt for the realizeband/lapband as a tool to help lose weight. be prepared that it's still a lot of work and you may possibly take flack for "using an easy route" because people don't realize how much you still have to work your butt off to make it work. weight loss surgery is a tool, not a fix. make sure you're prepared mentally and physically for that. also make sure you have a good support system in place. it really does help. above all good luck and congrats on getting healthy. =)
  • lulurhodes2015
    Options
    Im just at the start of the bypass diet plan I have to loose 1st 6lbs before I get put on the waiting list all fun and games but really hard, but sticking to it so far I have lost 5 lbs in a week I got 6months to achieve this goal any tips ideas how to stop the snack craving
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I had RNY in 2006 and lost 176 pounds. I kept that weight off for over five years. Then I let life get in the way a resorted to my old eating habits. Over the holiday I almost lost my husband. I realized that we both needed to get healthy again and that's what we are doing. My husband and I are doing this together but I need a lot more support than he does. When I had my surgery I used MFP and was very successful. So here I am again but this is the last time weight loss will ever be an issue. I have made a commitment to myself to get back to my goal for myself, my family, and now for my MFP family. Stay in touch with this site and it's members and I know you will be successful!!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I blogged about stopping binge sessions which you might find helpful.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/halting-a-binge-session-715131

lulu, I hope they don't make you wait too long after goal for your surgery. It's tough to stay on program no matter what stage you are on.