Realistic 12-week weight loss expectations? Can't work out bc of injury :(

Options
Hi guys!
I have 12 weeks until I get married & I'm starting to freak out a little about my fitness goals! Time is just flying by and I haven't been as strict on my diet as I should.
So I need help with healthy eating ideas!
I'm 5'1" and weight about 132. It's not so much the "weight" I want to lose, just the fat/inches!
Is it possible to lose say.... 10lbs in 12wks? Also- I can't really work out the way I want due to lower back issues (might be sciatica but not really sure). My current calorie intake varies a lot. I try to stay around 1300 but at least once a week I "cheat" w/ ice cream or chocolate and I honestly think it's slowing me down.
Meal plan ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Walk for exercise. You don't need exercise to lose weight. Shoot for a 1lb a week by being committed to being within your calorie goals.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You may be able to do it but it will take accurate logging. You need weigh everything that enters your mouth. Eating less calories than you burn is for weight loss and exercise is needed for health and body composition.

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You don't need to work out to lose weight. What you need to do is log accurately, plan ahead to include "cheats" so you don't feel deprived (It's not cheating if you plan it in). 1lbs a week is reasonable. So 10lbs is a really sensible goal. Don't be discouraged if you aren't losing 1lb a week, it will come off as fast as it wants to come off.

I don't work out - I don't do gyms and have no inspiration to do DVD's in my tiny apartment, so in the winter I hibernate. I started back at MFP Dec. 10th and I've lost about 6lbs since. I only have about 3-5lbs left to be back to were I want to be after letting it all go last year. Even with a little bit to lose it can be done but you have to be diligent!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in 12 weeks is very doable, but since you can't exercise, you will need to eat less.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Call the seamstress to let the dress out a bit.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatthismuch.com

stick to your goals. be consistent. that's your best bet. and if you want chocolate or ice cream, log them. work them in. :)

best of luck!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A pound a week is fairly aggressive at your weight in my opinion. It's certainly doable, but.... This should be a joyful time in your life. Why torture yourself (and possibly him)? You'll never be able to tell the difference between losing say 6lbs (.5lb/wk) and 10lbs and that would be a whole heck of a lot more comfortable for you. There is also the question of the dress actually fitting. Do you have a lace up style that will accommodate within a certain range? Or will it be too big if you lose what you want? Or too small if you don't putting unnecessary stress on a day that should be focused on your lives together and not being hangry?

Anywho, whatever you plan, log everything and walk a lot. Congrats!
  • blinksteph
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!
    I could've gotten the dress in a size 6 but it was a little too tight across the hips/thighs where I carry most of my weight. They suggested an 8 which is being taken in now bc it was way too loose at the top, but at least there was "wiggle room" for the middle.
    If I lose the weight, the dress won't be too big, it will look just perfect. At this point, in the stomach/hip area, it still seems a little tight. I'm more worried about being on the beach than the dress! We're getting married in Costa Rica.