Serious question about fat/loose skin

Options
Hey everyone, how can I tell if I have some loose skin or fat?
I am average body type, no extra fat that shouldn't be there but my inner thighs I can pinch this super thin layer of skin and it seems like it could be extra skin. But my confusion goes also to my stomach because it's generally normal looking except my lower belly..I probably don't make sense but I have a photo to show so you can see what I mean.
I'd prefer if ladies messaged me for the photo though.
Please give me your opinions!

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    From what I've noticed, loose skin kind of bunches when I lean forward lower stomach wise. Fat has some form of volume to it. I've kind of just accepted that I have it, in terms of that.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Since you appear to be lean already - pinch the back of your hand. That is purely loose skin. If there's more volume/squish to what you're pinching, there is some fat in there.

Keep in mind - it's really, really difficult to get to just loose skin on abdomen and thighs for women especially. I've seen it on competitive fitness models and bodybuilders, not on too many others. Almost all 'loose skin' that people talk about having still has some fat in there.

ETA: That I've personally seen, that is.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I bet everyone is sitting here now pulling the skin on the back of their hands :p
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I bet everyone is sitting here now pulling the skin on the back of their hands :p

guilty lol