Is your 'goal' a number or a look?

Options

Replies

• 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    A little of both. I started out wanting to be a certain weight. But since the scale hasn't budged in 2 months, I've re-evaluated my goals. I look and feel fitter. My clothes are falling off and looking in the mirror naked doesn't piss me off quite so much anymore. So I'm still hoping to get that scale number, but if I don't, that's ok too. I'm focusing on my fitness. :ohwell:
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to look at a lower number as a side affect. No one can tell when I am at a higher weight, and it takes like 50lbs of weight loss before people can really tell I've lost anything. I can wear the same exact jeans at 200 or 250 lbs. So I'm definitely in for numbers but they are my measurements! I'm a 35 inch waist and 47 inch hips, and I'd like to reduce both by 10 inches - which is a much better goal for me.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Ultimate goal, is to not have my lower gut resting on my thighs when I sit. Anything after that is just cherries on top!

Love THIS!

My goal is to no longer be obese so that I can live as many years in this glorious life phase called "retirement" as they made me work for a living!
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have a number goal in mind, but only because that is the number that every chart says I should be with my height. But to be honest my #1 goal is to be able to go to a hotel and have the bathroom towels fully wrap around me without it gaping in the middle. If that meant I had to lose 120 or 20 lbs it doesn't matter since that is what I truly want.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    it's look all the way for me
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I do have an actual number in mind (141) BUT the more important number was 34, a waist size and a letter, M, a shirt size.

I wear medium shirts and I fit into my 32 inch waist jeans (but I still wear 34s with a cinched belt)

I still cannot get those last 4 pounds off but I'm not letting it get me down as I feel great and I look great as long as I don't look directly at myself, I still see Fat Al.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    To look better than yesterday . Hard work is where im at. All about the work you do.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Started with a number and after I got there, I started for the look.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Both.

While I want my weight to go down; I am also more going for a look that *I* like and personally feel happy with. If I am happy with my body; then the number means nothing after that. :)
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It used to be a number, I'm at a healthy weight I always have been ..but now I've decided I really care more about having less body fat and more muscle and not focusing on the # .. I weigh 10lbs more than I usually do right now but my clothes fit better.. thats enough right there to tell me that the # isn't as important to me. I just want to look & feel good and not even focus on the scale.
  • PandaPudges
    PandaPudges Posts: 45
    Options
    Neither O.o. My goal is avoiding diabetes, which runs in my family, and proving a point to myself that food does not control me. Everything else is just a bonus :D.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think both
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I want to loose fat in my ab area and preferably stay around or under 120 pounds. I'm at 120 but am still working on losing fat.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mine's both a look and a number. I'm aiming for 115 lbs, and I want a 24-25 inch waist. I'm currently at 131 lbs with a waist of 26.25 inches. I want a smaller abdominal region with thinner arms and thinner/more muscular legs. I like the lean, thin look. Sinewy, I believe is the term.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    a look. i've spent 20+ doing a lot of weight lifting so at 5'5 when i started my lbm was 145 pounds. considering i have a small frame adding the recommended 20% body fat on that i'd be considered overweight/obese once i reach my goal. according to BMI chart, my goal weight should be 130-135 which means i'd have to lose a lot of LBM in the process

my ultimate goal is size 6
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My goal is a bunch of numbers: bmi, bp, LDL, A1C1, etc.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I want to like what I see in the mirror. But ultimately, I want all healthy numbers: cholesterol, body fat %, blood pressure, bmi and ultimately if I do all that, the scale may fall where it may .
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    My goal is a look. Lean.

At my age, the lean muscle mass I can put on is not that what it used to be so getting to my goal does mean losing a few pounds but also for me means very slowly. I do have good definition "under there" already.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!