Toning legs and butt... Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    free weights! i love doing squats on the power racks & and the best butt exercise i do is the bulgarian split squat.

nu9nml471ier.jpg

Why must you remind me of the bulgarian split squat? My most hated exercise which I banished from my routine.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks guys for the info I will check out that Bret Contreras guy! @cottonman86‌ how long should I do that for?... 1 week and add more weight the next week or add more reps? The exercises I do already are squats, leg presses, deadlifts I just didn't know like if I should be doing the same ones everytime or switch them up everytime I do legs? Cause I also do cardio every other day I try to do legs twice a week or is that too much?

you might want to consider a structured program that has been designed by a pro …

is the program you do now a homemade one?
  • kayesdesigns
    kayesdesigns Posts: 12
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @ndj1979‌

To be honest that's why I'm asking questions cause idk what to do
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Hillwork is great for tightening up your backside, even if you only walk them. Running hills though ... will give great results!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I also like lunges (normal, backwards and side variations), weighted donkey kicks and hip thrusts. Those combined with squats, leg press and the occasional go on a stationary bike on the hill-intervals setting has made my pancake butt much better.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    shirerose wrote: »
    rick_po wrote: »
    Your flabby muscle isn't really muscle. It's that last bit of fat you need to lose. You get rid of it by losing weight in the normal way - primarily through diet, but also with cardio exercise to help increase the calorie deficit.

If you like your general shape already, you should add strength training to keep the muscle you already have. Someone mentioned Brett Contreras - his Strong Curves is an excellent program. He spells out the program in great detail in the book. If you follow that program, I think you'll be happy with the results. Some other good programs if you prefer: Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength, all pro beginner, or New Rules of Lifting. Or, if you don't have access to a gym, try a bodyweight program: You Are Your Own Gym, or Body Boy You, or Convict Conditioning.

but building more muscle can help lift and tone the extra flab. i lifted weights for 3 months before my wedding and i looked amazing. i didn't lose weight. but my breasts were perkier from more chest muscle and my thighs and butt were firmer and more lifted as well.
    Though you can't gain muscle while eating on a deficit 99% of the time, which the OP is.

"Tone" is a marketing ploy used for decades which is a myth. One cannot turn extra flab into muscle, its impossible.

OP~ You can lose fat and retain muscle though. Excercises can make you stronger, more aware of the muscles you do have and help with posture. Best way to accomplish strength is free weights though body weight exercise will also, just not as good. If you want the muscle definition to show, you must reduce fat which is done by eating in a deficit~good luck!
  • kayesdesigns
    Options
    Thank you guys and gals!!