yum!
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this later - thanks :happy:
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I make this all of the time. It's amazing!!!!
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Anyone try it yet? I'm curious to know? Do you think a blender would have enough power??

Anybody want to test it out for me?

I'm in Korea and only have a blender....I think I'd have to search high and low for a food processor here...but im intrigued as all say! That sounds real good!

Great post!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have to try it! But I need a food processor I don't think my bullet will work---maybe
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    Mental note: MUST try this!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hey you know what would be an interesting addition? Cinnamon. I bet it would taste like horchata.

OMG, I love Horchata!!!!!
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just had some and it was awesome! I melted 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and put on top. Yum.

Edit - My mom and 11 year old brother who do not eat healthy at all just tried some and didn't like it - thought it needed lots of sugar. Crazy! Oh well, more for me :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I have to try it! But I need a food processor I don't think my bullet will work---maybe

I did it earlier today with my bullet (use the small cup) .. needed a little water to get it going but it worked. Omg, sooooo creamy, rich and sweet!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    i have a banana in the AM before my run..... with some PB

now im gonna have banana ice cream with PB for breakfast????????????:love:

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!:drinker:

Gonna have to start running so I can have it every day, rofl!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Dude, I'm am SO all over this like a pack of dogs after a 3-legged cat. I love bananas, and MUST TRY THIS!
    aww, I needed your humor, you made me smile each of the times I skimmed this thread.

Thanks!!:wink::flowerforyou:
    Becca
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Anyone try it yet? I'm curious to know? Do you think a blender would have enough power??

Anybody want to test it out for me?

I'm in Korea and only have a blender....I think I'd have to search high and low for a food processor here...but im intrigued as all say! That sounds real good!

Great post!
    Sure I'll be the official blender tester when I get some bananas. lol Not sure how frozen bananas will work but I'll try it and let you all know. Yea I hear ya on the food processor, wish I had one, would love to make some hummus but I think it's suggested the best way is food processer over blender in most recipes I've seen.

Becca
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    strangely enough, I actually just got my frozen (and thawed out) bananas out of the freezer and used them to mix with cottage cheese. Was thinking at the time that it was very much like ice cream. Keen as to try this out!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    strangely enough, I actually just got my frozen (and thawed out) bananas out of the freezer and used them to mix with cottage cheese. Was thinking at the time that it was very much like ice cream. Keen as to try this out!

Oooh, I never imagined mixing banana with cottage cheese ...
  • jtamok
    jtamok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good! I must try it out this week.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I can't get the link to load for me... I can tell the ingredient is frozen bananas, so what do you do? Just blend them up?
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this! I really like bananas, and so do my kids. I can't wait to try this out for myself.
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't get the link to load for me... I can tell the ingredient is frozen bananas, so what do you do? Just blend them up?

You buzz them for a couple min in your food processor till they reach the consistency of soft serve!
  • hiddensecant
    Options

You buzz them for a couple min in your food processor till they reach the consistency of soft serve!

The magic bullet works too with a splash of water.