Sex and calorie burns

Options

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    If you're having sex for the calorie burn, you're doing it wrong.

I doubt anyone has enough sex to warrant actually logging it. 75-115 calories per hour? In other words, nada.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    gP4Btmo.png

lmaoooooo brilliant
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    If you're having sex for the calorie burn, you're doing it wrong.

I doubt anyone has enough sex to warrant actually logging it. 75-115 calories per hour? In other words, nada.

But, hey, it's so much fun to announce to thousands of people on a message board that you are getting some!
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I seriously laughed out loud at all of these replies. Then I had to look at the ages of all the women here. Enjoy it while you can.... after that you just want your man to leave town. lol
  • Schirmann433
    Schirmann433 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    gP4Btmo.png

LMAO that's great
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I'm curious now...
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If you are doing it for the exercise you have to plan how many reps and sets and then time becomes a factor. When do you take breaks. It is just to much for exercise.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I DID!!!

WORE MY HRM A COUPLE TIMES!

Averaged a 100 cal burn :)

>:)

Only issue is that HRMs are not designed to calculate calorie burns for that type of activity, most likely it will grossly over estimate. HRMs assume a certain oxygen uptake to get oxygen to the body... and it is assumes steady state cardio. I would guess it overestimates by at least 50%, probably more.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    I DID!!!

WORE MY HRM A COUPLE TIMES!

Averaged a 100 cal burn :)

>:)

Only issue is that HRMs are not designed to calculate calorie burns for that type of activity, most likely it will grossly over estimate. HRMs assume a certain oxygen uptake to get oxygen to the body... and it is assumes steady state cardio. I would guess it overestimates by at least 50%, probably more.

For science.
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options

For science.

I am willing to sacrifice my body for research.
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just get down to it than mess with putting on a calorie counter. ;)

But, it's for science.... you know, "One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind" Take one for the Human race....
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    donnysoule wrote: »

But, it's for science.... you know, "One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind" Take one for the Human race....

I could care less how many calories sex burns. That is at the bottom of the list of things to care about when having sex.

• donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    donnysoule wrote: »

I could care less how many calories sex burns. That is at the bottom of the list of things to care about when having sex.

unless the quest gets you laid.... then it's more important than unraveling the human genome ;)

• The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Who has time to put on a HRM when clothes are being ripped and bodies are being slammed against walls...

*161 cals*

*high-five for Chief*

• JTPug1980
    JTPug1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I might as well jump rope since I'm gonna be doing that alone too.......... :'(
  • Dared2Evolve
    Dared2Evolve Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Those adventurous sex moves should really burn well too!
  • ActorFighterGuy
    ActorFighterGuy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Eye-Roll-gif-6.gif

hehehe.
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    jaymvita wrote: »

For science.

I am willing to sacrifice my body for research.

Name the time and place!
  • fitbit8
    fitbit8 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!!