Weighed In Today

Options
Hi everyone....well it was my week two weigh in today. I lost 2 pounds (2nd week on MFP). I should be happy right but for some reason I seem sad and disappointed. I worked very hard to lose this week and really hoped for about 4 to 5 pounds as I know my calorie intake is a lot less than in previous weeks and months and I am sticking within 1200 to 1350 range. I dropped the extra cappuccinos at work, switched to low fat milk, eat a balance of fruit, vegies, carbs and protein foods. Will my body suddenly kick into gear and the weight start to come off? I am very encouraged by the success stories of members of this site and read with great anticipation about what things they are doing to reach their goals. I don't know what I can do....

Karen

Replies

• curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi everyone....well it was my week two weigh in today. I lost 2 pounds (2nd week on MFP). I should be happy right but for some reason I seem sad and disappointed. I worked very hard to lose this week and really hoped for about 4 to 5 pounds as I know my calorie intake is a lot less than in previous weeks and months and I am sticking within 1200 to 1350 range. I dropped the extra cappuccinos at work, switched to low fat milk, eat a balance of fruit, vegies, carbs and protein foods. Will my body suddenly kick into gear and the weight start to come off? I am very encouraged by the success stories of members of this site and read with great anticipation about what things they are doing to reach their goals. I don't know what I can do....

Karen
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, It's a great success and if you have set your goals to lose one pound a week and you want to lose two lbs instead you can change it. Keep up the good work, I am sure your body is toning up nicely and your feeling healthier then you were two weeks ago.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I call this the "biggest loser" syndrome. We see incredible, ridiculously huge numbers on reality TV, and then are upset when our body does well. In real life, two pounds in a week is incredible! Two pounds is seven thousand calories that you didn't eat. . .does that help to put it in perspective?

The single most important ingredient in weight loss success is patience, both with yourself and the process.

:flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    2 pounds is great !!!!!!!!!!!!.. it means your doing this the healthy way. nice and slow wins the race !!
    but not only you've lost 2 pounds but you are making good food choices and your body will thank you for it.

go and lift a 2 pound bag of sugar or dumbell.,,, or better .. carry it around 1 day and see how tiring/annoying that will be !

2 pounds a week for 1 year is 104 pounds... now ............ thats amazing
    you'll reach your goal in 20 weeks or 5 months, perfect time for the summer !

2 pounds is great, you should be proud !
  • curvylady
    Options
    Thank you for your comments.....actually, Aunt Karen, I think the biggest issue is that I don't feel physically well these past two weeks. I have had tests done that have come up clear but I feel like I am falling apart. It is making me feel depressed. I wondered if my body was detoxing possibly?

Well, I have to go to work now but I will take your great words of encouragement and continue on my path to slimness knowing I have the support of so many people.

Thank you.

Karen.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Tonkineses' Mom,

4-5 pounds a week is unrealistic. 1-2 pounds a week is what you are aiming for. You didn't mention exercise. If you are cutting calories to the level suggested here on your profile and NOT exercising you may get discouraged quicker.

I attribute this to two major reasons: first, it is really hard to stick to a 1200 calorie intake. It just doesn't give you much room for variety, and it is a very small amount of food for most people. Second, when you get regular exercise you FEEL so much better and your body is just happier. Most importantly - if you exercise, you can eat more, so that will be a big boost to your mood.

Try exercising for a week (4-5 sessions where you increase your heart rate to a "fat-burning" level.)

Good luck - you WILL start to lose if your are honest with yourself about your eating, and add in regular exercise.
  • curvylady
    Options
    You are right. I did enjoy my walk yesterday. I bought myself a set of those workout bands with handles...they stayed in the bag all weekend :(

I have no excuses. I will do as you suggest and exercise...I will see good results next week.

Thank you so much,

Karen
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    Two pounds is great! I also feel the same but in the long run, we are eating healthier. I am trying hard not to weight myselft too much and let my clothes tell the story.
    Keep up the good work
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    2 pounds is definitely a good thing! Two weeks ago, I gained 1/2 a lb..and this week, I stayed the same..ugh! That's just how the scale goes sometimes. I hope you continue to have consistent loss! Slow and steady wins the race as they say!