Replies

• MimiBarton34
    MimiBarton34 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Both!!!! Love a man with personality
  • jenmar17
    jenmar17 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Personality. Looks don't even matter much. Make me laugh and I'm done.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Personality is key, but I'd be lying if I said that looks didn't matter to me. I've gotta have both, I'm all about the package deal. :)
  • saltnvin89
    Options
    Definitely a bit of both there has to be some sort of physical attraction to make it work !
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Personality makes someone more or less attractive with time.

BUT...someone you're just not attracted to? It's not going to work either, and no one wants to be a 'pity' date.

I like to think looks don't matter, but they do.

I always subscribed to the idea that personality trumped everything and it was not a priority in who I dated. But I didn't realize that there is a BIG difference between average looking and not attractive until I had an online date and realized that nope...I can't be attracted to that person. I just...can't.

If the person is attractive in a way that can grow on you and you find more attractive with time? Go for it. But if you think you will need to shut your eyes and think of someone else each time you kiss or do more? That's a deal breaker.
  • assthetikk
    assthetikk Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Personality and Looks both in equal measures for me
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    4ever420 wrote: »
    Both but personality trumps

+1

• StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Mostly personality. However there has to be some sort of physical attraction there.
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In the past I had always picked personality a bit more so than looks (I've dated some guys in the past who people always told me were super ugly lol,) albeit when I finally settled down and got married I picked my husband for 50/50 looks and personality. Not only does he look good, but when words come out of his mouth I don't cringe lol ^^
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    Personality makes someone more or less attractive with time.

BUT...someone you're just not attracted to? It's not going to work either, and no one wants to be a 'pity' date.

I like to think looks don't matter, but they do.

I always subscribed to the idea that personality trumped everything and it was not a priority in who I dated. But I didn't realize that there is a BIG difference between average looking and not attractive until I had an online date and realized that nope...I can't be attracted to that person. I just...can't.

If the person is attractive in a way that can grow on you and you find more attractive with time? Go for it. But if you think you will need to shut your eyes and think of someone else each time you kiss or do more? That's a deal breaker.

this, trying to figure out how to put it, thanks for saving me the typing
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Both...but if you don't have a brain and can't make me laugh I'm not interested.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Personality is way more important. Looks might catch your eye more at first, but I can think of plenty of guys I wasn't lightening bolt attracted too that I ended up developing crushes on or dating after I got to know their personalities. I can also think of some guys i thought were pretty hot at one time too that I'd rather punch in the face than kiss.
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Personality!
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Appearance sparks the interest, but personality keeps me coming back
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Well, been a long time since I've been in the market, but a woman is beautiful directly in proportion to how wonderful she thinks I am. So I guess it's neither -- bad judgement is the most important characteristic.
  • SamT0824
    SamT0824 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just Echoing what others are saying, looks obviously play a factor in who you're attracted to but someone very attractive could be a total *kitten*! Personality really is key.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    jeremyrby wrote: »
    So I'm thinking of dating this girl but she's not crazy attractive 5/10 maybe, but she makes me laugh and smile beyond belief. Just debating on the attraction part

Looks will only get you so far. Personality is what keeps you interested.

Also, the more into a person you are, the better looking they become. Or so it has been in my experience.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Personality