BMI/BODY FAT%

Options
So my doctor told me my bmi is about 25 which is the very top number for my height weight yada yada (I'm 27 5'4.5 and like 147lbs) So I roughly measured my neck waist and hips as best I could at work lol and figured I'm about 29-30% body fat (does that seem right??) What percentage should I aim for to be toned?? My middle is still kinda smushy from the baby I had (freaking almost 5 years ago comon!!) I've noticed the top starting to get a wee little definition (Yay) aaand, I've lost about 20 pounds in the last year

Thank you!!

Replies

• bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    body-fat-percentage-picture-men-women_zpsb6f5868e.jpg
  • SRQcourtney
    SRQcourtney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your number seem about right to me. I have a home bathroom scale (it's the weight watchers brand) that tells me body fat %. I'm a little shorter and heavier than you (5'3.5" and 170lbs), and I'm about 33% so that seems pretty close. I know you are A LOT lighter than me (like 25lbs) but I think a lot of the weight I have lost recently was fat. I've been doing a lot of strength training, not just cardio. So, to sum this up, it all depends on how you are losing weight and your genetic body shape: pear, apple, etc...

And congrats on the 20lbs! As long as you look and feel good, I'd just aim for something in the healthy range (15%-30%). Your 29% could look completely different from someone else at 29%. But the pictures posted by bonitacash08 are a good reference. Here's some more info http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/