I noticed MFP adjusts calories every 10 pounds, but this time...

Options
...when I reached that ten pound mark again...and even exceeded it by a couple pounds, it didn't ask me if I want to adjust my calories. Does it spread these calorie adjustments out the closer you get to your goal?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It has never asked me, so I wouldn't know.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I have lost over 60 pounds, and every 10 pounds it has asked me when I do my check in and have hit that ten pound mark again. Oh well, I'm still losing so I'll just keep it the same. I was just curious.
  • barby6011
    barby6011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you up the goal of the weight you want to lose it will lower your calories. I just went from 1lb a week to 2.it lowered my Cal. By 100
  • jnv7594
    Options
    Well, I don't actually want to lower my calories, lol. I have mine set to lose a pound a week, and I'd like to keep it there. I just know it has adjusted the calories every to pounds to compensate for weight loss, and this time it didn't.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight your caloric needs changes to reach the loss you set MFP for. If you have it set as an 1 lb loss per week, as you lose weight you will have to eat less to still lose 1 lb. Also, if you are set at a 1200 net it will adjust your weight loss goal so that you never go under a 1200 net. For example, I had mine set at 1.5 lbs per week when I started, now I think I am down to 1.1 lb per week. To stay at 1.5 lbs per week I would have to net lower than 1200 calories.

I hope that made sense.
  • jnv7594
    Options
    As you lose weight your caloric needs changes to reach the loss you set MFP for. If you have it set as an 1 lb loss per week, as you lose weight you will have to eat less to still lose 1 lb. Also, if you are set at a 1200 net it will adjust your weight loss goal so that you never go under a 1200 net. For example, I had mine set at 1.5 lbs per week when I started, now I think I am down to 1.1 lb per week. To stay at 1.5 lbs per week I would have to net lower than 1200 calories.

I hope that made sense.

I understand this. I just don't understand why mine suddenly stopped adjusting at the 10 pound mark. I've lost 13 pounds since MFP adjusted my calories, and usually it adjusts every 10 pounds because, as you said, my caloric needs change. But like I said, maybe the adjustments spread out the closer you get to your goal.

• jnv7594
    edited January 2015
    Options

I hope that made sense.

Oh, wait. I just reread what you said. I understand what you're saying. Sorry, I misunderstood you the first time. Still, mine used to adjust my calories, and not the amount I lose per week. Maybe I accidentally changed something in my settings. My calories are 1750 at the moment, and I'm still a substantial amount away from my goal. I have at least another 65 pounds to lose.

• jnv7594
    Options
    Okay, I just figured it out. I used to use the "guided" setting for my goals, and I recently started using "custom." That's why it's not adjusting. Anyway, thanks for the replies. :)
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can go to your goals and save it without changing anything, and it will update your calories if it needs to be updated.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't change every 10 pounds, it changes 10 pounds from the last time it asked me to update. Does that make sense? Like one time, I was at 9.8 Lbs down, and then my next weigh in was 12 Lbs down - which is when it prompted me to adjust (I'd crossed the 10 pound mark). But, instead of asking me to adjust again at 20 pounds, it asked me at 22 (10 pounds from the 12 pounds change). Yours may have totally missed, I don't know, but that's what I noticed for me. :\