introducing myself

Options
I'm 20 years old. I have hypertension, high triglycerides, and high cholesterol. My doctor told me two months ago that I needed to lose weight in order to drop those things. That if in two months she checked again, and they were still high she would give me medicines. She told me I was at high risk of heart problems. She said that she didn't want that to happen because I'm too young. That was 2 months ago... I still haven't drop a pound. I feel awful with myself, like a failure. I always fail and I hate it. I'm turning 21 on February 6. I really want to change my habits. I want to be a healthy person. I've been struggling with this all my life. I've been in diets. I've done exercise then I've stopped. I want this time to be it. I I've had mfp for a while but I just discovered the community, and I think is great. I want to meet people in similar situations so we can support each other and go on this journey together. It's hard for me to stay motivated. So maybe sharing my experience with you guys will help me. Sorry for the long message :s

Replies

• xSydney_Raynex
    xSydney_Raynex Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! I also desperately struggle with staying motivated. I normally start off strong and then it fades. Also feel free to message me anytime. We can totally do this! :)
  • Cmf12170
    Cmf12170 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do!!!! You are in charge of your destiny...one meal at a time, one day at a time:)
  • MamaHen78
    MamaHen78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I have always been overweight and feel like sometimes I give up on trying to lose because I have always failed. If I could go back to being 20 again
  • ashbash830
    ashbash830 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    I used this last year and lost 15 lbs and then I stopped my diet and calorie counting + exercise so I've started again.
    unfortunately I gained about 22 lbs. :(
    My problem is staying motivated and trying to kick the cravings.
  • SarahMS79
    SarahMS79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! You're here and you're doing something about it. I've been every single size under the moon...from 220 to 140...back up to over 200... I have problems with eating everything in site...I finally started to get back on track this New Year.. I want to lose weight soo bad and usually start off fully motivated. I think finding decent friends here on MFP will help you...log daily...exercise daily... one step at a time! ;)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I have been a yo yo dieter for years ....I was on MFP for years before I gave up and deleted my account....I am tired of losing most of my weight and then gaining it all back and then some ....I have promised myself that I WILL NOT GIVE UP this time and that this will be the year I lose the weight and keep it off ....feel free to add me ..wishing you much success :)
  • jenfigmar
    Options
    Thank you guys for reading and replying. I will gladly add you. Just one thing how can I add you? I'm new to this part so I still dont understand it much.
  • xSydney_Raynex
    xSydney_Raynex Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just click on the name of the person and it should take you to their profile and then you just hit add friend.
  • genevahonea
    genevahonea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your information I am a gastric bypass patient and have gained weight back... I feel like a complete failure so hopefully with this group I can stay on track thank all