Addicted to being fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• DEB6BERREY
    DEB6BERREY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am also probably off the mark, since I don't know you. But discovering this same feeling in myself resulted in some soul searching in asking myself some difficult questions. Primarily, what or who am I hiding myself from? What "protection" is my layer of fat giving me? For me, it had to do with some sexual abuse. Until I realized that the protection was never really there, and that my lack of care to my body was going to shorten or decrease my quality of life as I age, I couldn't stick to anything consistently. Good luck to you!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who replied.

It is just a mental thing...ironically I work with people who do the same type of self sabotage. ..and I am supposed to "help" them.

There is a lot of safety and predictability in being fat. Nothing changes.

I am ready for changes. I need to conquer these issues.

As for food, I eat plenty, and have plenty of food available to me at home. I just want unhealthy fried food. ..just as a self sabotage.

I am not expecting much from myself, except change, and even a small change seems overwhelming. But, I am sticking it out. I log to MFP every day. Log all my food, and will be successful. ...this will happen. Tired of being owned by fatness.
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think the problem with a lot of people is that they think they have to suffer to lose weight. They think they have to buy special food and eat salads and go to the gym and never eat dessert again,etc. When you think like that, it is overwhelming and seems like your life would be horrible.
    You don't have to do any of that. Just start with a small deficit and fit in what you want to eat. After a while, you will figure our which foods are worth all the calories to you and adjust accordingly. You will see that with exercise you can eat a tiny bit more. You will start to see what works for YOU.
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same, you really can't change everything all at once, those who can are freaking super human. I have a million times more healthier lifestyle than I did a couple years ago, but I did it gradually, like I just swapped all drinks for water at first. Made half my plate salad/veggies... baby steps. I've never even been to a gym and i'm happy with my body now after a 55+ lb loss. exercise should be fun :) I do it when I feel like it, and it's mostly in the form of dancing in my room to rock music ;)