rejoining to stay on track and relearn a few foods.

Options
I was on MyFitnessPal a little over a year ago and then quite quickly dropped off my tracking. However, since then I've learned more about food & cooking, about my body, and about fitness and what activities I am passionate about and enjoy. I've got a new fitness regimen in the works that I'm hoping will work for me (a serious non-runner). Heavy lifting, hiit workouts, and lots of yoga is how I'm going to maintain my physique, and portion control and eating clean where I can is how I'm going to fill my body with better bits. (: I'm hoping that counting calories, especially toward the beginning, will be positive and enlightening. I've always tried to exercise potion control... but sometimes, you just eat pizza with reckless abandon and you need MyFitnessPal to tell you that if every day was like that day, you would weigh at least five pounds more...

Best of luck to you all, whatever your goals might be! If you're wanting to talk about food of any sort or boxing or yoga, I'm all ears!

http://betainflight.tumblr.com

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! Sounds like you've learned a lot when you were away... you're off to a great start for a brand new year :)
  • char_88
    char_88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been away for about a year too. I've gained a lot in my absence and enough is definitely enough! I'm back for good and enjoying seeing results already having lost 4lbs in a week.
    I'm the same as you I can't run to save my life, my asthma just won't let me but lifting weights is something I've been tempted by. I wouldn't have a clue on where to start though, what's classed as 'heavy lifting' and what exercises are most effective? Good luck with everything it sounds like you've really done your research! :)