Half of a Success Story! Down 201

Options
AquaFitQueen
AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
Hello all, I'm quiet around these parts lately. Weight loss for me is verrrrrry slow thanks to being very disabled and not able to do much physically anymore, but it IS going.

Today I hit the 200lbs lost mark 2.5 years after starting my journey....which is like an age and a half, but ya know, if it takes me another 4 years to take off the next 200 then that's ok with me....6 years very well spent!

Just wanted to give a bit of hope out there for the super sizers. It can be done, it is not fast, it is not easy and weight loss is not linear, just keep plodding along and it all adds up!

ps-my ticker is broken, lol. It should say 201.4lbs lost :P

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!

I am totally in AWE!!!!!! Over 200 pounds lost? You are MOST DEFINITELY a champ!

Need a friend? I'd be proud to call you mine!
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    Thanks! Not sure if I'm a champ or just persistently stubborn lol.

And welcome new friend :)
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! What a great loss!! I'm so happy when I see people with a lot to lose doing it the right way instead of immediately resorting to surgical intervention (obviously there is a time and a place for it).
    I'm REALLY impressed by your hard work!!
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! Keep up the slow work. Remember, both the turtle and the hare crossed the finish line.
  • lemondjuice
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is truly awesome!
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    That is incredibly impressive :) Great job, you should be proud :)
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    You're my new hero. The fact that you're doing this the right way by eating better and being as physical as possible, in spite of your disability, is truly inspiring and amazing. When I feel like defeating myself, I'm remember you and not give in to my laziness. Thank you.
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    well done you have done so well have you got some before and after pictures to show
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job! You show tremendous dedication!
  • ViDexSha
    ViDexSha Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are great! 200 lbs a great achievement...I applaud your hard work! You are fantastic!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing woman!! You should be incredibly proud of yourself! Thank you for sharing and Congrats!!
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    You are amazing!! What a great loss!! I'm so happy when I see people with a lot to lose doing it the right way instead of immediately resorting to surgical intervention (obviously there is a time and a place for it).
    I'm REALLY impressed by your hard work!!

Just in the fairness of honesty I did have a sleeve gastrectomy at 620 lbs. It helped in the beginning, but my genes and pcos won out and I quit losing. Im on the list for another OP but am playing games with myself saying if I can lose x amount by the time my pre op appointment comes I won't have it. I am leaning towards no as I am doing just fine and the risk of death doesn't seem as worth it now like it did at 640, and then 620, at which point I actually prayed I would die on the operating table.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    That is AMAZING! Even with the help of surgery, it still takes a LOT of effort, work and commitment to continue to lose weight. I wish you the best of luck!! :D
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    I shall try to take some pics this weekend...although I haven't got a clue as to how I put them on here lol.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment!
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    I shall try to take some pics this weekend...although I haven't got a clue as to how I put them on here lol.

Upload them Photobucket; then for the code you do

[*img]LINKHERE[*/img]

Just take out the *. For the "LINKHERE" part, copy and paste the direct link that Photobucket gives you once you upload the picture. :)
  • AquaFitQueen
    Options
    Thanks :) I shall do that then! I actually used to know all the stuff back in the days of LJ, lol, but I've gotten lazy with the "new" upload buttons lol.
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Thanks :) I shall do that then! I actually used to know all the stuff back in the days of LJ, lol, but I've gotten lazy with the "new" upload buttons lol.

Haha I remember the LJ days! Gah I haven't been on in ages X_X I am also more used to HTML vs BB Coding. BB Code is the devil to me...lol
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have a few tears when I read this because you didn't go the surgery route and you are just going and still going even with the long road ahead. You have such a great outlook about this it is wonderful! :)
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    200+ lbs lost is incredible. Congratulations! Keep up the great work, and you'll be where you want to be in short order!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!