Feel ill after a Mcdonald!

Options
I am ashamed of myself, but I haven't had an unhealthy meal for two weeks so I thought I will just treat myself... and work it off later! Anyway, because I cut down my portion sizes and my diet has changed, my friend went to Mcdonald in the morning, so I went along and got just one chicken legend with mayo. Later that night, my other friend wanted a Mcdonald again so I got a Chicken Legend medium meal with diet coke and fries. During the night (I am so sorry, tmi), I had the most crippling pain in my stomach and I thought it was trapped gas and I went loo and sat for ages but nothing happened and I got a water bottle and just put that on my stomach to relief the pain. This morning, I tried to have a bowl of oats with banana but I couldn't manage half of it, I felt full up and I still feel very nauseous and very gassy and bloated. I NEVER got this before I started my healthy routine! Is this normal after not eating unhealthy, high fattening food for so long? I am feeling so uncomfortable, this is the LAST time I will EVER go to Maccy D's :neutral_face:

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    My guess is it's coincidence. No such this as "unhealthy food". I think you just had something disagree with your stomach. I love Mcdonalds. I don't eat it much, but it is fine in moderation, just like everything else.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That's a fairly normal reaction for me from eating mcdonalds more than once in a day. I get that way from fried food. I wouldn't blame the food itself but i would blame having it twice in one day after not eating it for a while. I love mcdonalds and i won't stop eating it. It's one of those things that needs to be balanced out and multiple trips avoided.

You don't wanna know what happens if i drink one of their milk shakes...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Truth @ prattiger65^^

Even if I put myself in your mindset, it still doesn't make sense. If you think McDonald's is so unhealthy, why would you "reward" yourself with it?

• missbutterfly92
    missbutterfly92 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Truth @ prattiger65^^

Even if I put myself in your mindset, it still doesn't make sense. If you think McDonald's is so unhealthy, why would you "reward" yourself with it?
    I know that is why I am ashamed lol
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can't eat McDonald's except for their sausage burrito anymore. It also makes me feel ill afterwards so I just don't do it. I don't know if there's something in it that my body is just no longer used to or what. I'm not opposed to having the occasional fast food meal, so usually I go to Wendy's. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Nope. I typically eat fairly "healthy" and have no issues with fast food. Could be coincidence, could be psychosomatic.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    When I have red meat or fast food now, I'm kind of "ugh." There is a difference. I can feel it, for sure. Actual episodes of illness, though? Nope.

First, it's been two weeks. That's not very long. Second (and more important), your body doesn't cease it's ability to digest something just because you haven't eaten it for a while.
  • Skyz4dayz
    Skyz4dayz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with OP. I have major stomach issues if I go a long period without fast food and then try to eat it again. I am confused as to why a few of you folks saying its not normal? Go a year without eating Mcdonalds, eat it twice in the same day and then come back and tell me how your gut feels B)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you are eating a well balanced diet (not whatever you want as long as it is in a deficit crap) then when you go and eat something that is highly unbalanced it will affect you.
    the longer you are eating a balanced diet and not used to the (very) out of balance foods the more it will affect you.
    Not everyone is the same. Some posters list Count Chocula as a staple food. Well goody for them. Not so goody for most of us
  • meldoss131
    meldoss131 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    McD's has become a great big "no-no" in my family because once we adopted healthier eating habits, McD's would leave most of us feeling sick on the rare occasion we would go. In fact, it's been over a year since I had it for that very reason. My daughter was there with her youth group recently and ended up feeling nauseous the rest of the night. While none of us got as bad as what you experienced, I have no problem believing that McD's was the culprit, especially since you went twice. Hope you're feeling better :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Skyz4dayz wrote: »
    I agree with OP. I have major stomach issues if I go a long period without fast food and then try to eat it again. I am confused as to why a few of you folks saying its not normal? Go a year without eating Mcdonalds, eat it twice in the same day and then come back and tell me how your gut feels B)

Post hoc ergo propter hoc
  • jpaulie
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Skyz4dayz wrote: »

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

not necessarily
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    If you are eating a well balanced diet (not whatever you want as long as it is in a deficit crap) then when you go and eat something that is highly unbalanced it will affect you.
    the longer you are eating a balanced diet and not used to the (very) out of balance foods the more it will affect you.

That's never happened to me, and I usually eat a well-balanced diet.
  • jpaulie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    That's fine, but we are not all the same, it will affect some more than others, all I am saying, although my post came across as all or none now that I re-read it
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I've had similar things occur if I ate something fried. It's because my body wasn't used to the fat from frying but as soon as I had been eating a higher fat diet, my body is fine with fried food.

Very possible it's something similar for you. How are your fat levels?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat fast food. Haven't had McDonald's in over 5 years. Back then I was trying to get my daughter to walk with me. I had a 5 mile walk mapped out. About 4 miles in we would pass a McDonald's, so, I promised her we would have breakfast there and then finish the walk. We walked the first 4 miles and stopped for Breakfast. Don't know what she had, but I had two Sausage McMuffins, Hash Brown Pattie and Coffee. We ate and continued on. By the time we got a half a mile away I felt awful. Mostly my stomach. Haven;t been back since.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    No wonder the crap that goes into them lol
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Ingredients are as follows:

Chicken Legend Patty :
    Chicken Breast Meat (59%), Fortified WHEAT Flour (WHEAT Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Water, Breadcrumb (Fortified WHEAT Flour and WHEAT Flour Blend (Fortified WHEAT Flour (WHEAT Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), WHEAT Flour), Salt, Yeast), Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed, Sunflower), Starch, WHEAT Semolina, Spices (contains CELERY), Natural Flavourings, Free Range EGG Albumen, Salt, Raising Agent (Disodium Diphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Yeast Extract, Parsley, Potassium Chloride, Whey Protein Concentrate (from MILK), Citric Acid, MUSTARD Flour, Spice Extract.
    Prepared in the restaurant using a non-hydrogenated vegetable oil.

Brown Bakehouse Roll :
    WHEAT Flour, Water, RYE Flour, WHEAT Bran, Yeast, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed), Salt, Dextrose, Sugar, Preservative (Calcium Propionate), Thickener (Carboxymethyl Cellulose), Malted WHEAT Flour, WHEAT Fibre, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid), Malted BARLEY Flour.
    N.B. May contain traces of sesame and milk.

Cool Mayo :
    Water, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed Oil or Fully Refined Soya Bean) (37%), Free Range EGG Yolk (3.5%), Modified Maize Starch, Spirit Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, MUSTARD Flour, Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Lemon Juice Concentrate.

Lettuce (Batavia) :
    100% Batavia Lettuce.

Could you possibly have an intolerance to wheat/gluten?
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Noogynoogs wrote: »
    No wonder the crap that goes into them lol

Ya...all those ingredients we can't pronounce