3rd shifters

Options
Any 3rd shifters been successful losing weight? I've been on 3rd shift for about 6 months and still have g gotten a good schedule down. I sleep when my 11 month old sleeps. So a couple hours here and there. What does you eating schedule look like? Any tips?

Replies

• BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90lbs and work 3rd shift. My eating schedule is when I get home at about 6 a.m., I have my "dinner" or sometimes I get my workout in and then eat. Then it's off to bed and usually wake up around 5:30-6:30 and have "breakfast". Once I'm at work, I'll usually have some small snacks before midnight (chocolate or nuts or a granola bar). I log midnight to midnight, so after midnight, my new day begins. My first "meal" of the day is around 1 am and it's usually a bowl of fruit or veggies and then another small snack about an hour before going home.

Breakfast or dinner doesn't really matter as I tend to eat the same things whatever the meal. I've adopted a low-sodium lifestyle, so I eat a ton of chicken and steamed green veggies (beans, broccoli, spinach). That is what I eat the majority of the time but sometimes I will have brown rice with sweet corn and a vegan burger. All in all, a very vanilla, bland menu but one that I've found satisfying.

• Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations to you. I work 10 PM to 6 AM and I decided to do my food log from 12 To 12 also. But my sleep schedule is something like 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM then 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM and then from 5 PM to 7 PM. I think I decided to not worry about what to call each meal or exactly what time to eat it just to log all my food. Thanks for your feedback.
  • hmblank73
    hmblank73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am new both to changing my eating habits and to 3rd shift. I will keep following for more advice. My schedule is 11p to 7a and my sleep is usually 9a to 2p than maybe 8p to 930p. Definitely need to adopt an eating schedule
  • Skygoals2024
    Skygoals2024 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to figure out a good method myself. My usual shift is 7p to 7a. I’m trying to decide if I should just start my diary when I wake up around 5pm and just pre-log all my calories for that day (even if I eat my meals until 7a the next day). Midnight to midnight is directly in the middle of my work day, but it would help keep things consistent when I have a cluster of days off and fall back into a more normal routine.

Newbie here looking for some friends if anyone wants to add me! I’ve been on night shifts for the past 5 years and will remain so for the foreseeable future! 32f trying to lose 90 pounds.