SO SO FRUSTRATED

Options

Replies

• fitchlets
    fitchlets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Youre being unrealistic. This is something that's going to take years. Dont gage your success based on what is almost a couple weeks.

you know that you are worth phenomenal effort and patience right? that you are a soul that is worth investing in?

Invest in your future self instead of bemoaning who you no longer are.

<3<3 thank you thank you thank you
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    fitchlets wrote: »
    Would anyone be willing to look at my diary and just see if there is something I'm doing that maybe I shouldn't be? I haven't logged since I joined, but I have the past 4 days or so. I did stop logging exercise per my nutritionist friend because she said I shouldn't eat back my workout calories.

the way MFP works is you have to... so your friend is wrong. Now, strictly using another method (like some of using TDEE - 20% or whatever) then no, I do not even log my exercise as it is already figured into my calorie totals.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Would anyone be willing to look at my diary and just see if there is something I'm doing that maybe I shouldn't be? I haven't logged since I joined, but I have the past 4 days or so. I did stop logging exercise per my nutritionist friend because she said I shouldn't eat back my workout calories.

MFP already has an appropriate deficit built in, why would you want to add even more and make it a potentially unhealthy deficit? Eat back at least 50% of your exercise calories. This is part of the "it's not a sprint, it's a life journey' thing.
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic. You are dropping fast! Keep up the good work!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Dude. You *are* losing fast. I can lose half a pound a week max. If I lost 8 lb in 13 days I'd think I died and went to heaven.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

YOU'RE LOSING WEIGHT!? What would people find in your diary that would answer why you aren't losing more? What you doing already doesn't sound healthy if you dropped 13 pounds in 8 days. Seriously, put yourself in check. What you should be doing is probably eating MORE if you dropped that much that quickly.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 days in and only lost 8lbs....geez lol
  • fitchlets
    Options
    It's 8 pounds in 13 days. I guess because I lost those 8 the first week and Thursday is the end of my second week and I haven't lost in my second week.
  • fitchlets
    Options
    I also have over 100 pounds to lose.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lots of us had to lose over 100. it's way doable. be glad it aint 200. that's a little bit harder.
  • fitchlets
    Options
    lots of us had to lose over 100. it's way doable. be glad it aint 200. that's a little bit harder.

Yes, I'm very glad. I'm thankful to just be here trying to get healthy so I can be around for a long time.
  • clambert1273
    Options

there is a success story over there where this lady lost around 200lbs.. AMAZING .. she looks completely different lol
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    You are very unrealistic.

Use an app like HappyScale to smooth out the daily fluctuations in your weight. Even so, you can expect days or weeks where you lose nothing. You need a plan you can stick with, not a 3-day miracle cure.
  • AdelleDazeem
    AdelleDazeem Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5 pounds total and I've been doing this for about 6 weeks. Try to adjust your expectations, or you're going to be really frustrated.
  • shsdss01
    shsdss01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    like our workout coach tells us, when you start working out you will gain muscle, which weighs more than fat, so dont be disappointed to see the swings. He talks more about body fat than just numbers on a scale-that's what matters more, getting the fat off and becoming stronger! He also asks us not to weigh in the first 6 weeks (i cheated and still did it because you need that gratification to know what you are doing is working :smile: so keep up the great work, your are rocking it!
  • fitchlets
    Options
    shsdss01 wrote: »
    like our workout coach tells us, when you start working out you will gain muscle, which weighs more than fat, so dont be disappointed to see the swings. He talks more about body fat than just numbers on a scale-that's what matters more, getting the fat off and becoming stronger! He also asks us not to weigh in the first 6 weeks (i cheated and still did it because you need that gratification to know what you are doing is working :smile: so keep up the great work, your are rocking it!

Thank you! I'm loving the encouragement and support. I'm going to keep at it and get rid of my unrealistic goals.
  • samhynes7469
    samhynes7469 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    more than 2 lbs a week is unhealthy.you will see your weight go up and down alot ,do to water and such..... mabe try weighing in just once a week, so you dont get frustrated. just keep at it you can do it.
  • yoovie
    Options

there is a success story over there where this lady lost around 200lbs.. AMAZING .. she looks completely different lol

nm
  • clambert1273
    Options

nm

lol sorry it was like a "shiny things" moment :)
  • yoovie
    Options
    shsdss01 wrote: »
    like our workout coach tells us, when you start working out you will gain muscle, which weighs more than fat, so dont be disappointed to see the swings.

be careful of outdated incorrect advice such as this and dont worry about putting on muscle.

when you are eating at a deficit (burning more than you eat) you don't put on new muscle mass. You can get stronger - but for women, in order to gain even a half pound of muscle a year, you have to be eating at an actual surplus and killing it in the gym on a regular consistent schedule all year.

dont worry about gaining muscle at this point. one of the first things that will happen is swelling and water retention as you put your body through exertion it isnt used to. Then you'll start shrinking, mostly body fat.

strength training makes sure that you are losing fat, instead of the useful beautiful lean body mass.

just ignore all that muscle vs fat stuff - none of us are accidentally growing muscle mass while restricting calories!

:D