Just want to say hello!

jblackjr
jblackjr Posts: 89 Member
Hello,

My name is Jimmy I have been using MFP on and off for a quite a while now and find it a invaluable tool to my weight loss journey. Back when my wife and I got married (Nov 22 2008) I weight somewhere in the range of 215 and 220. When my daughter was born (Dec 10 2009) I weighed roughly 245. I am 6' 4'' so although I didn't look real big at this weight I knew I was overweight and I was having serious issues with my blood pressure (140s/100s). My wife and I have tried several diets (Atkins, Paleo, low fat this, low fat that, you name it) we would have a little success stop the diet and just gain all the weight back we had lost. I finally decided to do 2 things. Count calories and Run!

1st I started counting my calories in January of 2012 and 2nd we started running May 2012. Since then I have participated in 6 5k races and 1 10k. My times have improved from 33:57 in my first 5k to 25:47 in my last. I just recently ran my 10k on Memorial day and finished in 56:17.

To me however the most important thing was the weight loss. I have dropped from 245 to 197. Some of that weight was before MFP but the majority of it was from counting. My goal weight is 180-185 and I hope to one day see 12% or less body fat on my scales.

As proud of myself as I am and please don't take me as bragging because its far from that. I just know where I came from to where I am now. I was a gaming nerd that would spend most of my waking hours in front of a PC playing games with friends. Now I might play for a hour or two a week and the majority of my time is spent exersicing or spending time with my family.

For those of you who read this and are interested I do hope to put a before and after post in the success stories so that my journey can help those out there who may be struggling with their weight loss. I was the epitome of lazy and even I was able to realize something needed to be done!

Oh! and before I forget my Blood pressure is now consistently in the 120s/70s! HURRAY for that!

Also please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.

Replies

• jblackjr
    Shameless bump.
  • jblackjr
    Was hoping for a few hellos and some friend invites. I still have a few lbs to lose and enjoy being able to help keep people motivated.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Hi,
    Friend request sent.
    My name is Yvette and you can reach your goals we have to fight for our happiness, because everyone deserves to be and feel happy. I have battled being obese all my life. Losing weight and gaining it right back. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 164 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and lose the last 14 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weight loss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.
  • jblackjr
    Thanks for the friend invite Royvor. That's some really impressive weight loss. You will have no problem dropping those last 14lbs!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Hello :) Great job on the weight loss! All the best for your journey!
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Congratulations you have done a great job, reading your story reminds me of my husband since getting married and having our 2 children his weight has gone from 210-255 we have always been into health and fitness but unless you keep track of calories and stay on track with exercise it can all go downhill, I'm working on my last 8-10 pounds, hubby started MFP beginning of year and started off good then he just stopped it all, I don't like to nag him so I just let him do his thing and hope one day he finds the desire to do it and stick to it, FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND
  • jblackjr
    Friend invite sent Gerirojas. You look great by the way!

If any of you are interested you can read a little more bout me and see my results so far :) I'm going to do some more pics tonight. I have started the 30DS so I want to get a before pic and then a pic after each level is complete.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1010165-my-weight-loss-fitness-journey-thus-far-pics