Starting over with a focus on consistency! Who's with me?

Options
What's up everyone? Happy New Year!

Over the past 9 years or so I've lost over 85lbs and gained 50lbs back. My biggest problem has been consistency. This year I'm making a lifestyle change and focusing on being consistent. Consistent with nutrition, hate the word diet :p , and exercise. I lift weights, do yoga and starting to follow IIFYM. I'm looking to surround myself with people who want to motivate, uplift, push and enjoy this journey with me. Feel free to add me and check and/or on instagram same name. Good luck on your journey!

Replies

• Jdacruz5588
    Jdacruz5588 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    consistancy is key! Im always up and down as well. I thought I was able to keep it under control this last time around and then I got pregnant. But 2015 is my year back on track!
  • madnessfit
    Options
    Xavier I love this post! I am in the same boat. I lost 30 pounds (yours is more impressive lol) and reached my goal weight <<< this picture was me at my fittest. I then got comfortable and started to not only indulge but overeat on all the junk! I gained 17 of it back. I actually started a new MFP account because I'm trying to have a new positive outlook and it made sense to me. We can do this though :) I know it!
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️

I follow a IIFYM lifestyle, lift, do yoga, and am also focusing on being more consistent. Consistency is the key to getting where you want to be. Good luck with being more consistent! Great goal!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Jdacruz5588 pregnancy is a different ball of wax girl, but nothing is too big to overcome. You can and will, I'm pulling for you!

madnessfit..... thanks for the reply. It's taken a lot of bumps and lumps along the way to finally see the simplest truth. It's all about making sure you move consistently. May not be everyday, but a few days a week at least. Mind if I add you?
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    Thank you loveliftlaughxo and good luck to you as well. Love the name btw. Sprinkle in a few asanas and life is complete! :D
  • Cmf12170
    Cmf12170 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I understand, consistency has always been the key failing point for my progress. I'll be Gung hoe for a week then fall off the wagon:( I like the words "lifestyle change" and yes, I'm back on the horse again!!!!!!! Lol
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    Cmf12170.....glad you have recommitted! I personally have been using mfp off and on for years but never involved myself with the community because I didn't want my long stretches of inactivity called out. Now I realize I need that if I'm going to be consistent. Even if no one says anything, I know other people can see it.
  • MamaHen78
    MamaHen78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Consistency is the key. Also, no making excuses because I end up cheating myself. My goal is about 80 lbs. One step at a time. Feel free to add me :)
  • KraigKass
    KraigKass Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MamaHen78 wrote: »
    Consistency is the key. Also, no making excuses because I end up cheating myself. My goal is about 80 lbs. One step at a time. Feel free to add me :)

• KraigKass
    Options
    I'm getting started AGAIN!!! But plan on sticking with it this year, just thought group motivation may help
  • XavierNusum
    Options

MamaHen78 wrote: »

MamaHen78.......To add to that you also can't beat yourself up for mistakes. 1 meal or 1 days can't kill your journey physically, but it will mentally if you're too hard on yourself. One thing I'll add to this note on consistency is that I may not hit my calorie goal or macros everyday, but I want to LOG everyday to start. That's the consistency I want.
    KraigKass wrote: »
    I'm getting started AGAIN!!! But plan on sticking with it this year, just thought group motivation may help

KraigKass.....it doesn't matter how many times you fall, you just have to get back up one more! Let's do this!!!
  • KraigKass
    Options
    Life style change is a lot better choice of words than diet!! I always think of a diet as something temporary, but a life style change is forever and once you get into the new routine then it should get easier!! Just my thoughts
  • XavierNusum
    Options
    KraigKass....you're exactly right. That's the mistake I've always made. I've set short-term goals, 30 days do this, 90 days do this, but now I want to set myself up for long term health and fitness.
  • Melicious78
    Options
    I am doing the same approach - consistency and being super mindful of what I am eating. This is a lifestyle change and NOT a diet. I repeat NOT A DIET. If I treat it like a diet then I WILL FAIL. I am also trying to reach out to individuals for more encouragement. I have a long way to go - losing weight is not my goal either. BEING HEALTHY is - weight loss will just be a nice benefit. Please feel free to add me - let's be consistent together!
  • kristiekay87
    kristiekay87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible at being consistent. That's my problem, I start to lose weight and go to the gym and then all of sudden I'm being lazy and pushing it back to "tomorrow" I need to be more consistent!!
  • secondspleez
    secondspleez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I, too am seeking support and motivation as I complete this weight loss journey. Let's be friends and tackle this fat together. Let's go guys!!